Home

computer too fast for crane and conveyor belt problem

Birgitt

I've read with interest the older posts about newer computers running too fast. I am playing GF on a year old MESH using XP in compatability mode for '95. Here's how I got around the speed problem of moving Manny on the conveyor belt without adjusting my system.

Before opening the safe, go to where the lever that controls the flow of the conveyor belt is situated and set it so that the water runs down towards where Glottis is situated. Then rescue Mercedes, ending up on the beach. After doing what's neccessary, send the chain down the conveyor belt and you can now walk down the conveyor belt at normal speed, turn towards the conveyor belt edge once past the lever and simply walk off. You can now use the lever to capture the anchor and pull the boat onto the beach.

I realise this problem hasn't come up for a while, but I hope this will be useful to whoever is out there playing this game. I've not played it for around 7 years and it remains a great game.

Birgitt

• 5 months later...

Your suggestion to save meche first and save the conveyor belt for last was a lfe saver for me! Thank you sooooo much. I was about to give up. I had tried for hours to figure out a way to climb up while the conveyor belt was going down and nothing worked.

I am now about to fight the duel on the sub. Woooo Hoooo! The fun continues.

Big Props. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived