Home

moving project to another laptop

Tinny

Hey guys, I was moving my project to another laptop and I tried to compile but it wouldn't. It would say certain .obj files weren't found and then it would give an error at g_crash.c saying that it could not find windows.h. Do any of you know what could cause this problem and how to fix it?

LOL, hey razor, does this error sound familiar?! :p

I implemented it and I still get the same errors :(

I get this:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'odbc32.lib'

BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '..\Debug\JK2game\g_crash.sbr': No such file or directory

g:\program files\tortoisesvn\enhanced\source\game\g_crash.c(198) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': Permission denied

I guess when I originally deleted the win32 stuff, it refuses to come back even with a new platform. It won't even work if I re-add it to the solution! WTF!!!

I would start with getting all of those files mentioned into one folder then piece by piece checking their properties for read-only and checking if you're allowed to do anything with them at all in advanced --> users. Who knows, maybe the copypasta will help already!

LOL, hey razor, does this error sound familiar?! :p

I implemented it and I still get the same errors :(

I get this:

BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '..\Debug\JK2game\g_crash.sbr': No such file or directory

g:\program files\tortoisesvn\enhanced\source\game\g_crash.c(198) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': Permission denied

I guess when I originally deleted the win32 stuff, it refuses to come back even with a new platform. It won't even work if I re-add it to the solution! WTF!!!

Did you make sure to change the setting on the top right from executable to library and then include when you were in the menu to change the directories for the include and libraries?

Alright Darth, I did what you told to do and almost everything is fixed except i'm getting one error in g_crash.c:

g_crash.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__wsprintfA referenced in function _win32_backtrace

So when I comment out the line:

wsprintf(modname, "Unknown");

in win32_backtrace function in g_crash everything compiles ok. I figure the line is important though.

Hmm, I followed the instructions closely this time and it would let me compile with the wsprintf uncommented.

hmm, I noticed that that tutorial is for R2. We have sp1 I think. I tried step 3 and step 4 so far with the appropriate changes for our version and I got the same error as before.Step 5 looks like just a test or something.

Oh, I think there's some parts to step 5 other than testing:

In Visual C++ Express, the Win32 Windows Application type is disabled in the Win32 Application Wizard. To enable that type, you need to edit the file AppSettings.htm file located in the folder “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCWizards\AppWiz\Generic\Application\html\1033\".

In a text editor comment out lines 441 - 444 by putting a // in front of them as shown here:

// WIN_APP.disabled = true;

// WIN_APP_LABEL.disabled = true;

// DLL_APP.disabled = true;

// DLL_APP_LABEL.disabled = true;

Oh, I think there's some parts to step 5 other than testing:

In Visual C++ Express, the Win32 Windows Application type is disabled in the Win32 Application Wizard. To enable that type, you need to edit the file AppSettings.htm file located in the folder “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCWizards\AppWiz\Generic\Application\html\1033\".

In a text editor comment out lines 441 - 444 by putting a // in front of them as shown here:

// WIN_APP.disabled = true;

// WIN_APP_LABEL.disabled = true;

// DLL_APP.disabled = true;

// DLL_APP_LABEL.disabled = true;

Well I just tried that. I got the same error :(

Archived