Home

Checking a doors state (and other scripting questions)

glovemaster

I don't think you can add a new option directly to that menu. What you can do is start a dialogue that makes your custom option available. Put the name of the .dlg file in the 'Conversation' field of the door template and make a simple script to start the conversation:

void main() {
   ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC());
}

The script should be triggered by either the door's 'OnClick' or 'OnFailToOpen' event. Set the 'Locked', 'Not Blastable' and 'Key required to unlock or lock' flags so that the player has to go through the dialogue.

The problem there is that i would have to edit every door in the game. I'll just leave this out. It doesn't seem as easy as i assumed. Isn't there a 2da file like spells.2da that has the door options? If not ill leave it.. Im too lazy :lol:

No, not to my knowledge. You could create a new item with the baseitem type of a security spike. That would bring it up in the central menu. What exactly do you want your new option to do?

Well, I released my "handy force powers" mod on KotOR II Files and someone suggested that i change it so that the "OpenDoor" option appeared in the doors menu rather than in the Force Powers menu. I think the Item is a good idea, ill try that.

Thanks ~GM

Archived