Home

Deflect again

Maxstate

automatic deflect : deflect to random directions

manual deflect: reflect to crosshair

saber defense levels: Damage goes down with higher levels, manual deflection accuracy goes up

The stuff posted above was my idea for deflect but we seem to be in a bit of a mess here.. can everyone please post their opinions on this idea and post anything they might want to see themselves (qua deflection ideas) ?

Thanks.

Edit to the post below me:

saber defense 3 allows you to reflect up to 20 to 25 e-11 shots with 100% accuracy at the crosshair....

Saber defense 2's automatic block reflects NOTHING towards crosshair or at the opponent, with manual deflect it reflects shots back at the opponent but innaccurately in which case about 1/6 hit.

Saber defense 1's automatic deflect deflects nothing out of 20 as does the manual deflect.

Current System in 0.0.9t:

L1 Reflect (deflection): Bounces the bolt away in a random direction.

L2 Reflect: Bounces the attack back to the attacker.

L3 Reflect: Bounces the attack towards the jedi's crosshair.

Auto Reflections: L2 Reflect. Occurs automatically at rates determined by defense level. By the way, the rate of auto reflections is 33% at D1, 50% @ D2, 66% @D3.

Manual Reflections: Forces an reflection when the saberer swings their saber. This reflection happens at the saberer's defense level. IE D1 = L1 Reflect, D2 = L2 Reflect. etc.

Saber defense 2's automatic block reflects NOTHING towards crosshair or at the opponent, with manual deflect it reflects shots back at the opponent but innaccurately in which case about 1/6 hit.

Yeah its pretty sad. it should probably all just go to the crosshares at different rates.

By the way, the rate of auto reflections is 33% at D1, 50% @ D2, 66% @D3.

Mmm, I think the levels should be much lower than that. It should be more like 10% 20% and 30% or so. 66% is just way too high and will result in the majority of bolts form the clone rifle going back to its origin..which kind of defeats the purpose of the manual block.

Yeah its pretty sad. it should probably all just go to the crosshares at different rates.

Mmm, I think the levels should be much lower than that. It should be more like 10% 20% and 30% or so. 66% is just way too high and will result in the majority of bolts form the clone rifle going back to its origin..which kind of defeats the purpose of the manual block.

Funnily enough this is exactly what I said in the MSN convo with Razor before this thread :p

Razor fears it will be underpowered like that and I don't blame him. But most of the testing was done on high ping servers or with bots, me and Revovles play almost every day of the week for at least an hour with 0 vs 70 ping and we've tested this pretty extensively. Once you get sab defense 3 it's like you have a machine gun and all you need to do is aim around the gunner randomly to hit, the gunner doesn't have a reason to use a gun anymore.

Archived