Home

new jedi npc to replace goto or hk47

rocky348

was thinking of making a new npc, that would replace hk47 or goto. He/she would be an android, (you know a robot that looks human) and he/she could be trained as a jedi. Best part would be that his/her influence would always be set at 100, do to the fact that the exile built him/her. I thought about this hard and thought if i used hk47 as the basis, I could just retexture the "fixed hk47" and use an additional quest part to make him look more human. Point of all of this is I hate non Jedi characters. I hate them so mutch, that i make Narshada my first stop after telos, so that mira is part of my party no matter what. Would love to here what people think.

ciao

PS if this is the wrong place to put this post, then i am truly sorry.

"FEAR LEADS TO ANGER...ANGER LEADS TO STRESS...STRESS LEADS TO DOOBIES... AND DOOBIES LEAD TO TWINKIES. "Yoda on Weed"

Hmmmm... well a Jedi droid? That would definately be the first. I've got a suggestion... maybe instead of a droid, it could be the Exile's friend... you know... a Jedi that always was with the Exile until he/she was to be transported to Telos.

Good idea, this whole new jedi concept actually came from the idea of contacting the exiles brother (or friend, or maybe his first padawan)after the events at the telos acadamy. The holocon would play, than the exile would talk to t3m4, and tell him that things are too dangerous, and we need some help. This would lead to the exile contacting his brother, (also an exile?) the exile and his party would travel to dantooine, or some new planet and catch up. The reason why I scratched this idea is because it seems too complex for one, and it seems whenever you replace t3m4 you dont get a complete portrait of him. So I thought about replacing hk47, but i couldnt think of a way to completely erase him from the game. (Damaged pre quest body would be removed also). Anybody got any ideas on how to do this can let me know, i do have some skill with the modding tools, but not alot.

ciao for now

PS Please excuse my spelling. Although english is my primary language I do have some trouble with spelling.

"FEAR LEADS TO ANGER...ANGER LEADS TO STRESS...STRESS LEADS TO DOOBIES... AND DOOBIES LEAD TO TWINKIES. "Yoda on Weed"

And there in lays the problem... instead of replacing HK maybe... have him replace G0-T0 and maybe... he was captured by G0-T0 as... as... as bait to lure the Exile to Nar Shadaa, and when the Exile blew up G0-T0's yatch it blew up every last "G0-T0" droid, and the Exile's friend escaped, barely making it off with the Exile.

And there in lays the problem... instead of replacing HK maybe... have him replace G0-T0 and maybe... he was captured by G0-T0 as... as... as bait to lure the Exile to Nar Shadaa, and when the Exile blew up G0-T0's yatch it blew up every last "G0-T0" droid, and the Exile's friend escaped, barely making it off with the Exile.

Good idea, i will have to get my computer fixed so that i can start work on this. One question though, does replacing goto look normal, or is it kind of weird like replacing t3m4?

ciao for now

Hmmmm... well a Jedi droid? That would definately be the first. I've got a suggestion... maybe instead of a droid, it could be the Exile's friend... you know... a Jedi that always was with the Exile until he/she was to be transported to Telos.

Well In the last expantion of SWG HK-47 recreated himsel and a complete droid army using the old droid factory left in place by the nemoidian on mustafar, and with these droid he also created one that use a Red lightsaber the droid itself is Named CY-M.

Droid intelligence are not supposed to be evolutive exept if they get an update so i think you can guess that if HK-47 is able to design a droid able to use a lightsaber 3 years after the battle of yavin then he was also able to do the same 4000 years before.

Well that is just for the RP part of the problem, the other problem is that if i remember correctly the droid models of HK 47 in KOTOR (either 1 and 2) are not designed to wield any melée weapons (LS included).

I think you can use a standard human body model and make an custom armor and helmet and forbid the model to unequip the armor and the helmet (like it was done with mandalore model) and use the droid equipment interface (just like HK goto and T3)

This way you wouldnt have too much dialogue to add since go-to could remain as himself in a different appearence.

I am going to go with the idea of just replacing goto with another exiled jedi. I want to do this cause: (1) I have an idea for the story that brings him in to the game, (2) I can get rid of the one npc that i hate evan more than hk47. Sorry, but as I mentioned before, I despise the non jedi members of my party.

i agree i never even level goto up he stays on the hawk the whole game.

hk-47 is my favorite character and without him it just would be kotor.

im looking forward to this with much anticipation

Unfortunately right now kotor2 isn't working with this computer, and if its the problem i think it is it will be a very long time before I can begin work on this project. So if anybody would like to take it be my guest

ciao for now

also if anybody goes to buy a new computer stay the heck away from emachine model w3502 with the ati radeon xpress 200 video card.

Good idea, i will have to get my computer fixed so that i can start work on this. One question though, does replacing goto look normal, or is it kind of weird like replacing t3m4?

ciao for now

It looks the same as if replacing Atton or some other NPC

It looks the same as if replacing Atton or some other NPC

I ask this because in the dhagon gent mod, which replaces t3m4, in the level up screen, you can only see the top half of him. It has something to do with the fact that it's t3m4 you are replacing.

ok, I have thought things over and i have decided to bite the bullet, and buy a new video card for my computer. I will try to pick one up today, and if it works, I will beging work on this mod this evening.

ciao for now

I know there's a "Recruit Dustil" mod for K2 that replaces HK. Jedi Guardian. Someone really went out of their way, since there are cutscenes and everything.

If/when i complete "project Vanick", he/she will completely replace hk47. That includes his damaged body. I finally figured out how to do it. Also, Vanick will be a jedi from the start, and i have decided to make him/her the padawan that the exile left when he/she went to war. I haven't decided though which teacher took vanick as their padawan though. I am open to suggestions on this matter, but first i have a few other mods i need to finish up.

ciao for now

you should have master Vash as the master so the back story would be that vanick went to aid Vash but found her dead and then escaped korriban and somehow ended up finding the hawk. sounds cool though.

2 questions BTW.

1. is Vanick a male or a female?

2. will he/she be there when you first board the ebon hawk?

you should have master Vash as the master so the back story would be that vanick went to aid Vash but found her dead and then escaped korriban and somehow ended up finding the hawk. sounds cool though.

2 questions BTW.

1. is Vanick a male or a female?

2. will he/she be there when you first board the ebon hawk?

First lets clarify the fact that i won't be starting this mod for a little while yet. Haven't decided the sex of vanick, but I love the idea of vash being the replacement, due to the fact that if i remember correctly she was the least harsh on the exile during his/her trial. I was thinking of having him/her board the hawk just like visas did, except it will happen when the exile travels to korriban, and it will happen after the exile finds vash dead. Though keep in mind, vanick will start with 100 influence, and it won't change. If the exile is dark, vanick will be dark and will give dark suggestions. If the exile is light, then vanick will be light and will give light suggestions. If i can't get to this quick enough, I will consider passing this off to somebody who is interested in it.

ciao for now

I thought s/he was supposed to replace G0-T0... or did you use the G0-T0 to Jedi mod

I found out how to do it with hk47, so that is why im replacing him. Goto is used in the final level, but if i remember correctly hk47, isn't. It just seems like its going to be easier thats all.

I found out how to do it with hk47, so that is why im replacing him. Goto is used in the final level, but if i remember correctly hk47, isn't. It just seems like its going to be easier thats all.
No, he is involved in the final level, it's just cut content. He supposed to show up with HK-51's and blast G0T0.

Archived