Home

KOTOR2 cheats

jedispy

Hey guys. I didn't read through all the threads since there's tons of them. So I'm sorry if this is a repost. Also I wanted to mention that I'm playing a used game and don't have the manual.

I was trying to look online for kotor 2 cheats, and they keep referring to a console. They say that no console will actually appear, but you just go ahead and start typing.

Question 1: Is that just a load of crap or are they serious?

So anyway I assumed that they were serious, followed their advice on how to get into the wonderful magic invisible console, and tried to start typing. Of course it didn't work. Instead the keystrokes were simply calling the hotkey commands and messing everything up.

Question 2: Does anyone have any advice?

ED and Jediphile are correct. I used to do it the hard way till I finally used KSE myself. Problem with KOTOR2 is that if you type the wrong thing (say turno instead of turbo, you can't see the mistake and it doesn't work). You can still use the cosole for things like turbo (frankly, the games seem painfully slow at normal speed), but KSE or also LitRidl's Warpband mod (so you don't have to go outside the game to amp up your character while playing) are good for KOTOR2.

@jediphile--did you alter the configuration file before trying to use the invisible console? If not, that was no doubt why it wouldn't work. At least with a PC, never played it on anything else myself.

@jediphile--did you alter the configuration file before trying to use the invisible console? If not, that was no doubt why it wouldn't work. At least with a PC, never played it on anything else myself.

Yes, I enabled the cheatmode first, so it should have worked. But frankly I couldn't be bothered to fiddle around with it. I prefer to be able to see what the heck I'm doing on the screen, as I'm not used to looking at the keyboard while I'm typing. Honestly, simply getting KSE was a lot easier than fighting the invisible console.

So I have to muck around the hotkeys and messing around?

No, you'll have to activate the console first before you start typing commands. If done successfully you will not trigger the hot-keys that open interface panels and whatever, the text you type will just silently be accepted without anything seemingly happening (until you press the return key to run the command you just typed in).

Unfortunately the console activation key is bound to a key that varies depending on what keyboard layout you use, it should be the ~ key on an american keyboard. You must also enable cheats in the game's INI file for it to work. (Add EnableCheats=1 under the [Game Options] section.)

Since you can't see the console the only way to know if it has been successfully triggered is to try a hotkey that would open an interface panel (like the inventory or character record screen). If nothing happens when you press the key you are in console input mode. Type carefully since you can't see if you make any typos.

See these threads for more info about the console:

A thread about cheats

Another thread about cheats

Yes, I enabled the cheatmode first, so it should have worked. But frankly I couldn't be bothered to fiddle around with it. I prefer to be able to see what the heck I'm doing on the screen, as I'm not used to looking at the keyboard while I'm typing. Honestly, simply getting KSE was a lot easier than fighting the invisible console.

Won't argue with you there. Never really liked using the console even for KOTOR. Too time consuming. Now only really use it to speed up game (ie turbo). Besides, typing in all those codes for X armor or Y weapon got to be a real pain. KSE is a very useful mod for both games (yeah, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but some things bear repeating..... :smash: )

Archived