Home

My Copy of Jedi Knight II doesn't have multiplayer.

Zuon

I just bought the game along with 4 others in the "Star Wars: Best Of PC" game bundle. I started playing the game in Single Player and having fun (I played the game before 3 years ago at a friend's house.) I didn't know there was a multiplayer mode until I read it off the internet. So I started the game, looked around, and found that there was no multiplayer option. So, I searched on google and downloaded the 1.04 patch (I think it updates the game, not sure,) but I cant find out how to install it. I save it to my desktop and it says it can't find an installed copy of the game. I save it in the game's main folder and it says I don't have permission to save it there.

I have Windows Vista if that has anything to do with it. Please help. I can't find anything about this in the FAQ.

• 3 weeks later...

The multiplayer option is a seperate program, you have to start that one in order to get to the multiplayer screen. From the launcher select the multiplayer option, or from your installation folder just run the jk2mp.exe file. There should be several 1.02 servers available (at least there was last time I checked).

However given that you bought the game recently it's probably patched all the way up already - if it says 1.03 on the singleplayer version, it is fully patched (1.04 is for the MP version).

Archived