Home

[NSW-Fic] The Legacy

I had an idea for a story (I apoligise if this doesn't seem original, but meh!)

Its a Fan Fic based in the world of Harry Potter, but set in the near future (which is why I call this tale The Legacy) Its about the Magical World finally being discovered by the non-wizarding community (or better known as "Muggles)

A brutal war was clashed between the two communities, because the Muggles feared the Wizards were harmful to society. Because of this, the world was spilt up into Two Regions.

I admit, this probably won't be as good as J.K Rowlings masterpieces, but perhaps is worth writing.

Prologue comming soon...

There has been so much in this world we have not discovered. For Hundreds of Millennia, the Magical World has been hidden away from the eyes of the ordinary people. But in recent events, everything had changed the world forever.

It began with the discovery; many years later after the death of Lord Voldemort, the Muggle community had been living in peace ever since. However, when the year reached to 2012, the sudden discovery of Witches, Wizards and other Magical creatures had been exploited throughout the age.

When a Muggle Dictator controversially risen into domination over Europe, by the name of: Daviq Stahn, believed the people of the Magical Community was cursed with the Supernatural Burden surrounding their everyday lives. His views on Wizards were poisoned, and saw their power as an evil growing disease that was harmful to human society.

With Stahn’s powerful command and domination over Europe, he decided it was time to take action to fulfill his beliefs to reshape the world as he saw fit. To create his perfect Utopia where it was free and ridded of Magic and its dangers to society. By the year of 2016, Stahn declared war on the Magical Community.

The war was both brutal and devastating, which struggled to hold for nearly nearly fifteen years. By the sixteenth year, the two societies were split up, therefore: separating the world into two regions. But needless to say, this never ended the war, but had created a new age which has now lasted for fifty years... up untill now!

As far as he could tell, Seth Gordan lived a perfectly normal life. He lived in a perfectly normal country, he was raised in a perfectly normal family and had a perfectly normal job; what with being an agent of the A.M.O.R (The Anti-Magical Operative Recon), a Special Weapons Unit whom combats against the so-called “gifted” people.

It was late June, the summer of 2066 in New York. The United States was not Seth’s real birth land, but down in the Southern Hemisphere where Australia lay. There he only spent seven years of his childhood down under, but his family had to abandon their home behind ever since the Global Barrier was built diagonally across the world, which ran through Australia. The Barrier was supposed to separate the Muggles and the Wizards into their own regions, as a form of security protecting the non-magical community.

And ever since then, Seth had been spending the past fifteen years of his life in the security of America, where no barrier ran through.

His sleep was suddenly interrupted by his Alarm Clock, which went off at approximately 5:30 AM. With the signs of tiredness in his eyes, he struggled to pull them open. He turned to his side, facing the wall where a Control Panel lay, and hit his hand on one of the buttons to stop that annoying beep. At the same time, his Apartment Light went on, brightening up the place. Seth sat up on the bed, still feeling tired and drowsy after the night he had just had.

He raised his head, and scanned the room to help exercise his eyes. His bedroom was a mess, clothes were cluttered everywhere. It was typical and not surprising because he was a guy. He looked out the window to see the night hanging up in the sky. The Hover Cars were zooming about and flying around the many advanced Skyscrapers. As they were obeying traffic laws, the cars were flying in straight lines. Floating Bill boards hovered in the sky offering advertisements to promote the sales of their product which they had to offer.

Suddenly, Seth heard another loud ringing. It was his telephone.

“ALRIGHT! I’m up! Jeese…” he muttered, as he exited his bedroom, and walked through the door way to his well-furnished kitchen and living area. On the marble bench lay his Video Telephone, as well as a Control Panel.

He sat on the stool, and pressed the ACCEPT CALL button on his Video Screen. On the display monitor was his boss; Richard Len. He was a balding plump-sort of man, with complete lack of humor and imagination. His face was wrinkling with age, it was impossible to tell whether he was in a grumpy mood or not… which was how he generally behaves.

“Up and about, Seth? ‘cause I need you here at the Station A.S.A.P!”

“Do I look like “I am up and about”?” Seth muttered sarcastically to Len. Seth pressed a button on his control panel.

A holographic display screen projected from the control panel. He pressed the buttons to call for his usual daily breakfast (A protein shake and left over Chinese Food he had the night before). A panel slid from the Marble Stone Bench,, and revealed a miniature elevator with his food carried on it. Seth glanced back up at his boss.

“Sorry, you were saying?”

“I need you at the Station A.S.A.P! Must I repeat myself?”

“That depends whether I was listening or not!” Seth took a gulp from his shake. “Why do I need to be there in a jiffy?”

“Because you have been given an assignment. I can’t give out details, as they are two complicated on the phone!”

“Fascinating!” Seth pulled out a cigarette and brought it to his mouth. His boss frowned at him.

“Seth! You know those things are illegal and can kill ya!”

“I’m not dead yet, am I?” he blew out some smoke, and made a small cough. “Alright, I’ll be there in about Twenty Minutes!”

“Excellent! And while you’re at it, could you please find yourself some pants?”

“Will do. See you later, sweetheart!” he said, as he hung the Video Phone up.

He switched the Display Monitor to his Kitchen Television, and turned it to the Saturday Morning Cartoons while he ate.

Archived