Home

hey guys, returning vet here, trying to get in the game!!

jayhaf44

Hey everyone, new here but an old swg vet from day one! loved teh game back then played for years and met some good people along the way. havent played sionce the NGE not because of it just quit before itcame out due to RL stuff and didn't come back because i missed my TKM lol. But the game looks like its going in a good direction and i want to go back to my virtual home away from home.

but.........

i ran out and bought the box because i hate waiting for downloads, got it loaded up and download the patches press play and nothing!!

it says launching game and then i get a small balck window that says something in the corner but flashes too fast to read, and im left looking at my desktop and nothing happens. i read the tech forums on the official site and updated directx and my Nvidia Geforce 6600 LE drivers to most recent versions and it still doesn't work! also reinstalled game a couple times. I have played many other mmo's on the comp, EQ2, vanguard beta, guild wars, EVE, ect... they all run fine?!

also im an idoit and can't find the start new topic button on the offcial forums to post there too, lol!

thanks in advance for your help

Welcome back man! I don't know if I know you or not (i'm on starsider as Kioet' Csuhen) not sure what the problem is with your game, did you try launching it from the main swg folder?

also it almost sounds like a firewall problem, only when i get the thing that flashes i am screwed because it freezes at the black screen, so check your firewall. (usually happenes every time game is updated i have to taskswitch out until it gives me that message that pops and goes away and i gotta say 'allow' it's so annoying)

Thanks for the replys guys!

i actually playe don ahazi and Kauri : Jayhaf o'han

im running Windows xp sp2 with a nvidia geforce 6600 LE

i just downloaded and installed new driver for the vid card and downloaded and instaleed the newest directx version. but i can copy all the stuff here when i get back from work.

Guest DarthMaulUK

cool. i will be home soon and online through out the night. And playing galaxies. Just to be sure, try a full scan with Galaxies first.

Also, i will look at some previous threads for help. You might need to customise your graphic options before launching the game. But i will dig up that thread within a couple of hours

hey Darth here is my dxdiag stuff

------------------

Time of this report: 7/13/2007, 18:36:55

Machine name: THIRDSTRIKEONE

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: n/a

System Model: n/a

BIOS: n/a

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 298MB used, 1447MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

also:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 6600 LE

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0142&SUBSYS_C3633842&REV_A2

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9424 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 4/19/2007 13:26:00, 4543616 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: No

im a newb and dont know what have of it means lol

Guest DarthMaulUK

Before launching Galaxies, lets try and customise the graphics. To do this, login as normal using the SWG client. DON'T LAUNCH THE GAME!

Enter your user name and password. Then select GAME OPTIONS on the left hand side. This will bring up a control panel.

Click the GRAPHICS tab and try the following - Then tick these boxes

Disable Bump Mapping

Use Low Level textures

Try that. then log out, then restart the game and continue, keeping your fingers crossed. If it doesnt work, come back to me.

DMUK

Archived