Home

Serious SP Bug

RhoDaZZ

Well, first of all, this probably doesnt draw much attention as at least from what I've seen, the remaining community is about multiplayer. Thats only reasonable but I'd just like to make this topic anyway to show how displeased I am.

I've been playing singeplayer quite a bit the last two days, and I've enjoyed it, until I came to a closing point in the tier 2 misson: Cult Investigation - Dosunn

I get all the way in the misson until I meet Rax Joris for the second time. When I get him to retreat, the cutscene appears and he does go away but I can hear very clearly he's using (bugging) some kind of electrical weapon, just keeps going. But that aside for now.

I then enter the building, clean up and destroy the troopers, unlock the lift in the command center and use it. Go to the end of the hangar and then... it happens. The gates close and suddenly there's a copy of my own character in the closed (#2) hangar. He doesnt do anything, and I obviously cant do anything from there. I've used hours on jumping up the room and getting to kill the 'boss', but he never comes out, says anything or triggers a cutscene. I tried to load the game before I met him the second time and it still didnt work. He just doesnt do anything, I cant kill him without cheats and I cant leave and get the mission over with.

Just too bad. I read about the 'patch' and of course it doesnt fix this, made years ago. Well that's the game for me. :clap2::waive1:

Sounds more like you have something conflicting with the level... Or have a hacked version of the game.

FYI This game hasn't had support since the original patch which didn't come out to long after the initial release. So don't expect it to get fixed if it is indeed a game bug.

Uh, yeah. Have you got any other .pk3's in your base folder?

I've played SP though several times, with and without the patch, always with various other .pk3's in the base folder and I've never had that problem.

If this was a common problem we'd have heard about it before now. Sounds like you've got a conflict somewhere along the line.

But if you're giving up on the game, fair enough. Glad you enjoyed it as far as you could :)

• 1 month later...

Archived