Home

Kotor online

Rinku

Hey I do not know if this possible (I am betting is not) but could someone or a group make a MMORPG of kotor so you could chat, fight, trade. Basically it would be SW Galaxies but in kotor times (you could choose who you belong to sith or republic or neutral). This would be really cool but probably not possible. (Also only certain mods [like really popular ones] would work)

That would take a lot of work, even with a mod for SWG. It will never happen, period. Just enjoy Kotor for what it's supposed to be played like, Single Player. Besides, a decently large team would be needed to produce such a mod and as far as i know the majority of Kotor players would not want to see it in a mass online rpg environment.

KotOR will never be multiplayer.

That depends on what you mean by KotOR, the games of KotOR already released can never be multiplayer, but an online KotOR, that can be ;)

Just enjoy Kotor for what it's supposed to be played like, Single Player. Besides, a decently large team would be needed to produce such a mod and as far as i know the majority of Kotor players would not want to see it in a mass online rpg environment.

HA, actually KotOR isn't 'supposed' to be anything, they could turn it into a board game if they wanted to, as for it being in a mass online environment, I hardly think you can make such a statement when you aren't the majority. I can only speak for who I know, and that would be all my mates at college, my brother and his truckload of mates that play KotOR, which all want a KotOR MMORPG. I find that most people who say they don't want a KotOR MMO are the people that either don't have a good enough broadband connection to play it or because they just want KotOR III first, then perhaps a KotOR MMO. Especially the latter.

I'll just direct you to all my previous statements about them not making KotOR III an MMO

Clicky

HA, actually KotOR isn't 'supposed' to be anything, they could turn it into a board game if they wanted to, as for it being in a mass online environment, I hardly think you can make such a statement when you aren't the majority. I can only speak for who I know, and that would be all my mates at college, my brother and his truckload of mates that play KotOR, which all want a KotOR MMORPG. I find that most people who say they don't want a KotOR MMO are the people that either don't have a good enough broadband connection to play it or because they just want KotOR III first, then perhaps a KotOR MMO. Especially the latter.

I'll just direct you to all my previous statements about them not making KotOR III an MMO

Clicky

Yeah, i've read the other thread. I'm not talking like i'm the "majority", all of whom i know would hate Kotor in an MMORPG environment (hence the reason i said, "as far as i know most people blah blah blah...") so like you i'm making a generalised statement based on my experiences with other kotor players and how they feel about the series. ;)

So basically i can make this statement as it's my opinion, a right that everyone has. The only games to come out for the Kotor time period are the "KOTOR" games, so i think it is safe to say that KOTOR, regardless of individual opinion would certainly be hard to imagine in an MMORPG, if at all the idea would work out after the disaster SWG turned out to be. I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just very unlikely.

Why did you direct me to the other thread anway, where did i actually say they were "making" a Kotor MMORPG, oh yeah exactly, i didn't.......

Why did you direct me to the other thread anway, where did i actually say they were "making" a Kotor MMORPG, oh yeah exactly, i didn't.......

I directed you to that thread so you could see other things I've said on the topic, like them not making KotOR 3 an MMO, I didn't imply that you said they were making one, nor did I try to get you to reply to that topic, I was merely showing you other things I've said about it and why it would be good to make a KotOR MMO ;). So please don't go nitpicking for something to fight about.

Archived