Home

Choppy Pixellated Crap!

Tysyacha

At least that's what my TSL music video turns into when I try to use Sony Movie Studio 7.0 Platinum Edition. The previews play fine at a very fast framerate, but when I try to render the video as an .avi file, the scenes come out all choppy and pixelated in spots. Anybody got any bright ideas? Please help!!! (Note: This includes using another program, ZDSoft Video Recorder, to capture the clips.)

Witness the carnage here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Zrjkloeyc

I'm about to shave my head to save myself the pain of pulling my hair out. After all this work and 13 hours of collecting footage, I hoped to wind up with something better than this crapfest. Please help!

why dont you just render as an mpeg first. If that works well, you can use another program to do the avi conversion. Encoding to avi is a finicky business, depending on what codecs you have and how tweakable the proggie is. I very much doubt the sony proggie is doing a nice job of a h264/xvid etc conversion... the former being the best as far as picture quality is concerned.

So, try output to good ole mpeg, make a note of framerate, resolution, audio and video bitrate and if that turned out well, I can fill you in on the next step. I literally record and encode 100s of gigs of HDTV a week. Capture is via vista media center(ie. dvrms mpeg2). Mpeg2 stripping and ad removal by video-redo(the best mpeg editor in THE UNIVERSE).

Finally, I output to h264 via the great freeware app, "any video converter". More stable than SUPER(especially for H264), quick and a GUI a monkey could navigate ! Doing this, I decrease filesizes literally by 90% !! (HDTV 1080i dvrms/mpeg2 can sometimes be 2gb per half hour !!)

For capturing stuff where a video conversion isnt possible/easy, like with some gameplay cutscenes, I use fraps. Its awesome, and can capture full rez and sound of whatever you are viewing at. Captured files are huge, but easily converted/shrunk using above process !

mtfbwya

Dear Astrotoy,

No luck with the MPEG at all. Still the same choppy, pixellated crap it always was. The thing is, during the LucasArts and Obsidian logos, everything is great, but as soon as my Exile shows up and the music starts playing, the framerate starts going up and down, faster and slower and faster and slower, and I don't know how to make it quit doing that.

I don't get it. My previous 6 videos were great, so why is this new one such garbage?

Thanks!

Tysyacha

Archived