Home

game crash under vista

Hi,

I've searched in this forum for this topics :

Vista crash, vista issue, game crash : i've found nothing.

I've seen related issue(i think) about driver installation, update, etc...

I've update my graphic card and i had a look on updates avaliable for my realtek sound card, but :

I succeed in loading the introduction, the game menu.

When i choose to play or going to the tutorials missions, the game entirely crash and i go back to Vista dsktop....

It was runnin fine under XP.

I've give admin roles to the .exe and i've checked the XP compatibility but nothing more...

(i would like to reach the dark side of the force ;) ) Could you please help me?

Thank a lot

GillesM

This works for SWBF2.. it will prolly work for SWBF1 too. Are you running dual core? You may have to turn one off and run in "affinity".

Here's the TweakGuide. It gets into the procedure for shutting off one of the cores, as well as a few other issues for CTD. Like I said.. SWBF1 is very similar to SWBF2 so it may work.

• 2 years later...

I learned that the software adds a file called [sWLEGO.BIN] it is located in the folder where the executable is located. What I had found is that I could play it once but then no more, with Vista and Windows 7. Once I learned of this file I know delete this file prior to playing the game each time and all is right with the world.

I took it a step further and created a batch file with the following 2 lines of code.

del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game\SWLEGO.BIN"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game\LegoStarwars.exe"

I think use the .bat file to fire off the game, is working greats for me hope it does for you too.

• 1 year later...
I learned that the software adds a file called [sWLEGO.BIN] it is located in the folder where the executable is located. What I had found is that I could play it once but then no more, with Vista and Windows 7. Once I learned of this file I know delete this file prior to playing the game each time and all is right with the world.

@DamnYank - I have searched many forums about this problem. When we bought a new Windows 7 computer for my son, his Lego Star Wars game would load and work ONCE, then error-out after that. If we uninstalled and reinstalled, it worked ONCE again, etc.

This is the ONLY post I have actually found that resolved the issue. Now, he simply deletes that file before he launches the game and it works perfectly. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

A Very Happy Mom!

I never liked vista i bought my PC with Vista and took it out and put XP professional in cause it wanted to crash with certain games, Since then i have had no problems, But mine is a few years old so i have to update my power supply and video card to play newer games Aliens VS Predator being one of them!!

Archived