Home

Strange Problem

Darth Payne

There i no longer any need to post on this thread as the problems have been fixed. I've decided to leave everything here in case someone else runs into similar problems.

In my latest playthrough of K1 i've run into a couple of weird occurences.

1: I run into Darth Bandon on Kashyyk.

Problem: he's invisible, three seconds later the game chrashes. This problem i've managed to solve.

2: I finish RH's Jawashop, buy the special crystals from the jawa, then i go to the workbench and try to put them in a lighsaber or two.

Problem: they do not show up on the list of crystals, only on the inventory.

3: I get to the Leviathan.

Problem: Bastila is invisible, her audio is still there and she reappears when i get my inventory back.

4: this is the most serious problem. I get to Rakata Prime, finish it, and prepare to go after Malak on the Star Forge.

Problem: every time i try to go there the screen goes black and the gam locks up on me.

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Thanks RH. I did in fact have the bastila file, they have been removed and i am on my way to test if it worked. What excactly did those do?

Also, thanks to both Dart Insidious and RH for the tip on the Jawashop crystals.

Edit: It worked RH. Still wondering what those files did. Hope they don't belong to the mos that give Bastila the lacy white underware.

PS: noticed one other oddity. Jolee has apparently become the one hit wonder. One hit from his lightsaber kills any hostile, from rancors on Rakata Prime to Dark Jedi on the star Forge. Huh. Weird, but nice.

From my personal experience, you only need to remove the p_bastila001-002.utc files. I have 003-006 in mine and they don't cause me any troubles. 004 is what Evil Bastila uses around 99% of the time when she joins your party on the Temple. I've had it once use 006 for Evil Bastila.

Archived