Home

burning vs vanishing

prince119

I know this has its own page on some websites, but I think it is important to ask;

Obi Wan dies in ep. 4 and is vanishes

Yoda dies in ep. 6 and vanishes

Anakin/Darth Vader dies in ep. 6 and is burned

Qui Gon dies in ep. 1 and is burned

Explain why Qui Gon is burned and doesn't vanish. I personally don't buy the "he wasn't ready to die" argument. I have to think that there was some form of darkness in Qui Gon which led to his cremation being needed.

I don't know, but the way he defied the Jedi Council every now and then leads me to believe that he may not have been in the best of standing at the time of his death. I am also not buying the "master vs knight" theory since Anakin was not a jedi master at any point in the films.

Anyway I am sure this has been debated before but I am new so humor me ha ha. Any other theories will be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure this has been discussed and debated before, but I'd say that Qui-Gon didn't disappear because he died defending a misinterpreted prophecy.

However, there doesn't seem to be any correlation between disappearance and ability to return in a vision. All four that you listed were able to accomplish that feat.

Obi-Wan and Yoda chose to become one with the force, yoda at the end of his life, and Obi-wan when he knew he could not defeat Vader. No, Obi-wan was not cut down, he discorporated.

Qui Gon was cut down in battle in a sudden and violent way, and Vader was too much machine to just discorporate.

George Lucas states that Qui-Gon hadn't fully learned the Technique, so only his spirit was retained in the afterlife, therefore his body remained.

Yoda learned what he could from Qui-Gon's spirit (Episode III cut content) taught this to To Obi-Wan and they both mastered the technique, on there death their corporeal bodies disappeared and they retained their full consciousness in the Force/Afterlife.

Vader also Disappeared shortly after his death,

Luke Burned his armor "not" his body, as to signify the End of Darth Vader, but the Return of Anakin Skywalker to the Light (Return of the Jedi)

Archived