Home

Module Editing?

Caedus

Hey all,

I downloaded the module maps for KotOR II (namely, the Peragus Administration Level map), and have been attempting to use the KotOR Tool to mod it a bit... not having much success.

I am attempting to put a plasteel cylinder containing a lightsaber, and Jedi robes into the kolto tank room you start in. I have placed the cylinder, and put in the items, and now I am unsure which files to place in override...

Sorry for posting so many help threads. I'm still a major n00b when it comes to modding KotOR... lol.

While still in the module editor, and once you've finished modifying your module, go to file > Build mod file...

Then save the file where you want with the name: 101PER.mod

As 101PER is the name of the original Peragus Administration module.

Now place 101PER.mod into the "Modules" directory in the KotOR2 folder.

Now play. :)

But remember your modified modules wont take effect if your character has already been in them, so since this module is so close to the beginning of the game you might as well start a new game, that is of course if you don't have a save game right before the kolto cutscene on preagus.

Hope this helps. :)

Hey all,

I downloaded the module maps for KotOR II (namely, the Peragus Administration Level map), and have been attempting to use the KotOR Tool to mod it a bit... not having much success.

I am attempting to put a plasteel cylinder containing a lightsaber, and Jedi robes into the kolto tank room you start in. I have placed the cylinder, and put in the items, and now I am unsure which files to place in override...

Sorry for posting so many help threads. I'm still a major n00b when it comes to modding KotOR... lol.

Probably the fastest thing to do would be just to modify the kolto tank's uti file to include a lightsaber or whatever you want. But if you want to spawn totally new containers, that's different...

While still in the module editor, and once you've finished modifying your module, go to file > Build mod file...

Then save the file where you want with the name: 101PER.mod

As 101PER is the name of the original Peragus Administration module.

Now place 101PER.mod into the "Modules" directory in the KotOR2 folder.

Now play. :)

But remember your modified modules wont take effect if your character has already been in them, so since this module is so close to the beginning of the game you might as well start a new game, that is of course if you don't have a save game right before the kolto cutscene on preagus.

Hope this helps. :)

Tried this, and it gave me a weird black screen with the green cursor, and I could hear the kolto tank bubbling in the background...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived