Home

Dark Side Transitions

ganoesparan06

Ive recently seen the Movie Style Dark Side Transitions mod on KOTORFILES and they look really cool. Much better than the original transitions where your characters look dead but its only for KOTOR.

My question is - is there anything like this for TSL?

Also are there any mods that reskin the dark side transitions for the NPCs so they dont look dead either?

I just really dont like how you look dead when you go dark side. Its the silliest thing ive ever seen.

Going light side doesnt improve how you look - just how you are percieved. Dark side should be the same.

Do you not have TSL? Or just not installed it?

Ill buy you a copy if you want lol. If you agree to sort the dark sider transition problem for PC and Party Members...

I just really dont like how you look dead when you go dark side. Its the silliest thing ive ever seen.

Going light side doesnt improve how you look - just how you are percieved. Dark side should be the same.

Do you not have TSL? Or just not installed it?

Ill buy you a copy if you want lol. If you agree to sort the dark sider transition problem for PC and Party Members...

I don't have either game installed at the moment. Not on this OS, anyway, but if you open up the heads.2da file with KT, you can take the default head file name and copy it over to the DS transition slots. That way there would be no physical change between light and dark side.

I've done this myself, actually, with my extremely limited knowledge. I've made exactly the same type of transitions for every playable character -- "Sith eyes" but also with slightly paler skin, like we see happens to Anakin in Revenge of the Sith -- and completely removed the transitions from all of your other party members except for Brianna, as I liked the black robes. (It can be reasoned that she simply puts on other clothes and lipstick as she falls.) The reason for this is that I figured that not everyone needs "Sith eyes." They seem to be such a rare manifestation of the dark side in an individual that I felt that only main character should have them, while all the others look the same.

For Kreia, I've removed the crackled skin and black eyes but have kept the alternate robes.

I've also removed Colonel Tobin's dark side transition. I mean, what the hell! He's not even a Force user! And if the disfigurement is supposed to be such powerful manifestation of the dark side and seemingly so rare, I think having the Colonel look that way is going a bit too far. So I've removed it.

Um, I guess this could be considered my first mod ever. I've never uploaded it or anything. I'm not even a member of any of these popular modding sites. I guess I'm shy.

I've also removed Colonel Tobin's dark side transition. I mean, what the hell! He's not even a Force user! And if the disfigurement is supposed to be such powerful manifestation of the dark side and seemingly so rare, I think having the Colonel look that way is going a bit too far. So I've removed it.

Well... maybe he's not a Force User, but if Nihlus(SP?) had been feeding off of his life force like Tobin said... then that would mean that all that probably happened to him. :xp:

Thanks Shem!

Can I ask for a little request tho?

I use the Handmaiden Look mod - so she looks different from the other sisters - and I have the HK Factory Mod downloaded too.

So i couldnt use the transitions for Handmaiden or HK-47.

Any chance I could get transitions for new look handmaiden, hk-47, and hk-49?

Pretty pretty pretty please??? *begs*

Archived