Home

Save Game Editor trouble

I downloaded SGE a few weeks ago but have never been able to use it because every time I try to open it this comes up:

SGEscrew-up.jpg

For those of you who can't make out the text, it says:

Dialog.tlk error

Attempted to read past end of dialog.tlk

(tried to read string 49271 but dialog.tlk has 49265 entries)

KotOR1 Spells.2da

What ever that means. How can I get this to work? I only wish to use it for one thing: to change the PC's name, but SGE has never ever started up for me because of this problem. Any help?

I think there is a solution(although it never happened to me).I think that maybe your dialog.tlk file in SWKOTOR directory has changed somehow.So to fix it you must have a original dialog.tlk file.If you have not kept a backup then reinstall the game and first check that if there is a dialog.tlk file in the SWKOTOR directory.And then try opening KSE.You can also pm me if you need a dialog.tlk original file and need some more explaination on what to do if the method I told you didn't work.

does your kotor copy even work?

if not reinstal your game maybe that works...

Uh... did you not see where I said I wanted to change the name of my PC from a current save? I'd say that that's probably a strong indication that my game works. ;)

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I'll try some things.

Edit: Okay. Yes, I did have a backup dialogue.tlk file on hand, and swapping it out did fix the problem, so thanks. When the time comes to change my character's name to Darth Revan -- which I will do atop the Rakatan temple once embracing the dark side -- I will close the game out, temporarily swap files, edit the name, swap the files back, and then continue playing. After opening up SGE, it looks simple enough to do.

Thanks again.

Archived