Home

0xC0000005 error - Advanced Training

sfkz

Basically, I just got this game, and when i go to enter "GPC and Wilderness" to start the advanced training, i get a black screen, the word "loading" appears, then i get an error.

"Psychonauts has encountered an error - Crash: 0xc0000005. Please contact tech support at ....etc"

I got the game from steam, so the patch doesn't work, but I'm assuming it is already the latest version, and my system specs greatly surpass the minimums, they can be found below:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz

RAM: 2GB

VIDEO: Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB

SOUND: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value

I also have roughly 80gb free on the drive which Psychonauts is installed on, so HDD space wouldn't be an issue.

All of my drivers have been updated, I've turned everything off since other threads seem to liken it to a graphics issue. I've disabled everything i can via Services and Task Manager and I've even tried entering the same area through the reception (as opposed to the Main Campground area), all with no avail.

I have the .dmp file available if it can help in the diagnosis, and am willing to upload it somewhere for someone to examine it to help me out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm loving this game so far and I don't want it to be cut drastically short!

sfkz~

Archived