Home

K1 version of the Anti-Speed Blur mod?

Reveilled

I've started playing K1 again today, and my eyes almost fell out of their socets in shock when I had to experience the motion blur effect of the speed powers once more. I'd long since taken it out of TSL with the Anti-Speed Blur mod, but unsuprisingly, simply using the same files in the override doesn't seem to do the trick.

I figured I might be able to make the necessary edits myself, but I don't know where to begin. I can't even find the script file I'm meant to be editing.

Please, please, could you find it in your heart to spare me from that powers horrible visuals without meaning I have to turn all the effects off?

You can do this ingame.

In the Graphics section of the options menu I believe.

If you're referring to the toggle for frame buffer effects, then it's not really what I'm looking for, as I don't want to turn off all the frame buffer effects, just one. I don't see an option to turn off the motion blur only.

Actually you can use the TSL version of that mod in K1. The visualeffects.2da file is an extension of what it is in K1. Basically it just has added lines to fill in what is added for TSL.

I have made a personal mod like this myself and it's got lots of things different. I would have to go over how I did it, but I do remember that I removed those glows that are around the hands when doing specialized attacks like flurry and critical strike. I also removed the yellow glow that goes around the weapons when doing a power attack. With the blur of Force Speed removed, I also removed the visual effect of healing too. You just see the green numbers showing you how much you healed instead.

Here are some examples:

Watch me used specialized attacks and Uthar heal.

Same thing about the specialized attacks and watch Kavar try to heal himself.

Here is one of my earliest YouTube videos. The quality is bad, but you can see Juhani use Force Speed to help her defeat the Dark Jedi.

I've done some other stuff, but I can't think of what they are right now.

Actually you can use the TSL version of that mod in K1. The visualeffects.2da file is an extension of what it is in K1. Basically it just has added lines to fill in what is added for TSL.

:confused: The mod doesn't have a visualeffecs.2da file. It contains k_inc_force.nss and k_sp1_generic.ncs, and putting them in the override folder causes some powers, including the speed ones, to stop working.

But are you saying that the alternative method would be as simple as editing the visualeffects.2da file? That, at least, I know how to do. I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Nope. I can't find the field in the 2da that would disable this. The only used fields for the speed powers seem to be "type_fd" "progfx_impact" and "soundimpact". Since I guess soundimpact has nothing to do with it, I tried changing the other two (toggling between F and D in type_fd, and changing the value in progfx_impact to ****) but all to no avail.

So once again, I place the wellbeing of my eyes in the hands of a kindly, savvy fellow who can solve my problem.

That doesn't seem to have done the trick either. :(

Is it possible there's some sort of cache where the original is being stored and used instead of the one I'm putting in the override, or something? I wouldn't have to start a new game to fix it, would I?

Archived