Home

Another door question

Seamhainn

Hello!

I want the exit door of the deleted Black Vulkar Base to be locked and that it can only be opened with the key card - no problem there.

But one thing that annoys me that if the pc clicks on the door and under line "Locked" there are still the three boxes (open by force, open with pick lock, and the third possibility I forgot). How can I make those boxes disappeare? I set the door to neutral already but that isn't the trick, unfortunately.

Also there is a script possibility for OnFailToOpen. That script (I guess) usually fires a one-liner (BarkString I assume). There is an appropiate entry in dialog.tlk which I could use. As the sucker with scripts that I am, how must a script look like to accomplish that that one-liner is "barked"?

Thanks and take care

But one thing that annoys me that if the pc clicks on the door and under line "Locked" there are still the three boxes (open by force, open with pick lock, and the third possibility I forgot). How can I make those boxes disappeare? I set the door to neutral already but that isn't the trick, unfortunately.

If you check the "Key required to lock or unlock" option and leave the Key Tag field blank the door should be locked and impossible to open manually by the player.

If this is for K2:TSL there is a "Not blastable" option as well that toggles if you can force the door open with a lightsaber.

If you check the "Key required to lock or unlock" option and leave the Key Tag field blank the door should be locked and impossible to open manually by the player.

If this is for K2:TSL there is a "Not blastable" option as well that toggles if you can force the door open with a lightsaber.

ARGH! Don't say that, please. One door should be opened with a key :-( . I guess I have to write a sript for it now, right? Is there a script which checks if a certain item is in the inventory of the pc, and then opens the door?

Thanks and take care

All you have to do is write the tag of the key in the key tag field and if the player has it then the door will open. If however you really want to use a script then this one should do it although I'm not sure as to where you'd attach it to, I suppose the OnClick.

void main() {

object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("DOOR_TAG");
   	object oPC = GetFirstPC();
   	object oKey = GetItemPossessedBy(oPC, "KEY_TAG");

if ((GetIsObjectValid(oKey) == TRUE))
   {
    SetLocked(oDoor,FALSE);
    ActionOpenDoor(oDoor);
   }

}

-Stream

Unfortunately that does not work for me :-( . Though it is always possible that I am making a mistake, but I don't think so. My breakdown is getting closer...

Archived