Home

Making Bastila a non-jedi on Taris?

Robespierre

I'm just going over the idea that I had a while ago: to make a mod that doesn't allow Bastila to use force powers or her lightsaber while you're on Taris. Personally I think that makes sense, since her waving her lightsaber around in front of the Sith guards who are specifically looking for her isn't a good idea. I am aware that there was a mod made a while ago with the title: Kill Bastila or something that made the Sith attack Bastila if she used her lightsaber or force powers in their proximity, but I prefer it this way.

The easiest way I was thinking was to simply make a non-Jedi Bastila .utc and make her the one you rescue and join your party on Taris. Then on Dantooine when you get her back, she's the normal Jedi. First thing is, obviously, how would I go about that?

The second, and more important thing, is how would she level up when I got to her on Dantooine? If I leveled her up to, say, level 6 on Taris, what would happen when she joined on Dantooine? Would I be able to re-level her up as though she was a Jedi, or would I be able to just not add any feats, etc, until I reached Dantooine?

My thoughts were to just simply add Bastila to your party as normal on Dantooine, but that might not work with the whole leveling thing. Any thoughts?

The other, and perhaps less logical solution, I thought would be to put a restriction on all of her force powers and lightsaber, but still make her a Jedi (so she would level up normally, but not be able to use her lightsaber or any of her force powers). But how would you put those restrictions on? Is it even possible?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if this will work properly or not but try editing Bastila's .utc file and just change here class to scout or something but leave everything else alone, that way she'll still have her force powers and lightsaber but as she's not a Jedi she won't be able to use them and then when you get to Dantooine or whenever you feel is best add this script to a dialog

void main() 
{ 
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL, GetObjectByTag ("Bastila") );
}

Now she should be able to user her powers, equip a saber etc.

--Stream

I think the old mod idea you mentioned makes more sense to me, unless of course you plan to change dialog and elaborate on Bastila losing her ability to use the Force (like say a side-effect of the neural constraints?). After all, she was strong/trained enough to go into battle against Revan. The Sith might not necesarily identify her as Bastila (just some random Jedi, fallen or otherwise), explaining why they don't really mobilise against you in great numbers or alert Malak. By the time they are aware of your whereabouts, the planet is getting bomber. In any case, sorry for the interuption.

You could always clone Bastila's .utc and edit her Taris recruitment script so there's one non-Jedi Bastila who joins you on Taris and another Jedi Bastila who joins you on Dantooine. As long as they have the same dialogue and so forth there should be no problem with getting her romance quest to function, though she may not be able to get banter until she rejoins you on Dantooine. As you were using a different Bastila on Taris, the one who joins you on Dantooine would start as a Level 3 Jedi Sentinel and so you wouldn't lose any force powers.

You could make her lightsaber unequippable until you get to Dantooine

SetItemNonEquippable(oSaber,TRUE);

and edit k_sp1_generic.nss and other ai scripts to prevent her from using force powers. Or you could lock her up in the abandoned apartment and make her unselectable like on Korriban.

I think the old mod idea you mentioned makes more sense to me, unless of course you plan to change dialog and elaborate on Bastila losing her ability to use the Force (like say a side-effect of the neural constraints?). After all, she was strong/trained enough to go into battle against Revan. The Sith might not necesarily identify her as Bastila (just some random Jedi, fallen or otherwise), explaining why they don't really mobilise against you in great numbers or alert Malak. By the time they are aware of your whereabouts, the planet is getting bomber. In any case, sorry for the interuption.

Well then I think that scripting all of the weapons and force powers to be unequippable would make most sense, and then just have a small note which says "While on Taris Bastila won't be able to use her force powers or lightsaber".

Archived