Home

How to play Infernal Machines on Windows XP 64 bit Professional Edition

Monkey Skull

Hi there!

I'm new on this forum but I desperatly need to know ho to play Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machines on my new pc! The installation doesn't work because is 16 bit so I copied content of the disc in a new directory to play directly from the hard-disk the game but it doesn't start. Any tips, please?

Thanks however

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you mean about install not starting because it's 16-bit. This game was released for a 32-bit OS. But even when it's installed this game is notoriously buggy on modern systems. Best options to play this game today is either to play it on old systems or play it on the N64(which is the best version graphically and control wise).

I'm not sure what you mean about install not starting because it's 16-bit. This game was released for a 32-bit OS. But even when it's installed this game is notoriously buggy on modern systems. Best options to play this game today is either to play it on old systems or play it on the N64(which is the best version graphically and control wise).

64-bit versions of Windows are notoriously fussy with even new games, let alone older ones. I can still play it fine, although I've never tried it on a 64-bit system.

And the N64 version is not better in one key way - availability. Only available in the US, and scarcely.

And you'd be playing it on an N64, which isn't exactly ideal gaming anymore.

I'm also new to this forum and this thread was exactly what i was looking for.

I'm having a similar problem here as i am also running Windows XP 64-bit. I got a bit further then the installer issue, hope this might help you a bit:

I also copied the contents over from the cd onto my computer, however the game wouldn't launch, so i figured its probably some registry keys missing. So to be sure i installed the game on a 32-bit system, exported the registry keys and imported them here.

I can play the game now (in windows 2000 compatibility mode) with numerous crashes, but worst of all I am unable to save or load, doing so will crash the game and return me to the desktop, sofar i'm not looking forward doing the entire game with a quicksave/quickload :(

Its a shame it doesn't work anymore, i really like this game and i've finished the game at least twice on Windows 2000/XP 32-bit without any crashes or problems. Oh well guess i'll go back to Fate of Atlantis for now ;)

i'm open for any suggestions here though.

Archived