Home

just an idea i had

Rogue15

let me know what you all think:

A few ideas i guess

Why when i select a destroy mission do i ALWAYS get sent to a little flag with a bunch of losers guarding it? Shouldn't i be sent to destroy something more important than a flag? Why can't i just be sent to the nearest vulnerable base with a mission?

Why am I not being rewarded for setting a faction base down? Why do they cost so much anyway if I can't get anything out of them but a few credits off the near-useless stuff from the recruiter?

I think they should make it so player placed bases have an officer, not unlike the supply officer from that regular static bases that grant you decent powerups and gcw buffs, the longer the base stays active, the better the buffs get, just like the static bases. the 'destroy' missions should have a player enter the nearest enemy base and kill that supply officer. once the supply officer is dead, the base goes vulnerable for 24 hours before another supply officer spawns in.

each base gives different buffs, just like the static gcw bases, and the longer you hold them, the more powerful the buffs are. now people have a reason to spend money on bases, and lets say forward bases have the 'next delivery' in a longer time than the static bases, and the 'delivery time' of next shipment decreases with the type of base it is.

this should work the same with pve and pvp bases, only pvp bases you're given a better chance of defending it.

the 'destroy' missions could range from killing the supply officer to the other profession's main missions. for instance, if you are a bounty hunter, the only missions you would see on the faction mission terminal would be 'Jam sensor' (or whatever, it's been a while since i've been to a base thanks to base clubbing ruining the fun of it) on random vulnerable bases of the opposing faction. if i was a jedi or a spy i'd see the destroy mission as 'assassinate imperial/rebel supply officer'. And there should also be another tab specifically for SF people, that bring up random SF vulnerable bases. You should be able to earn between 1,000-20,000 credits depending on the size of the base. This way people can go and do their job on a vulnerable base without having to wait on someone to get into a base busting group, and if they want to wait for people to meet up, they can. hell, they can even bring their friends along too if they want to do like the 'base clubbing' thing and earn GCW, if they don't have that one particular profession member they need, someone should be on the base like a bounty hunter on a 1 million credit bounty!

the opposing faction will now have more of an incentive to place these bases, with the gcw stims.

it would be a more FUN way to base bust. this way for instance, say you're a smuggler. want to earn some cash? go look on the faction terminal and go slice the enemy's security systems on one of their bases, enabling the next profession to come along and do their job! want to meet same faction people out in the middle of nowhere at someone's player placed base? take a destroy mission from the imperial or rebel mission terminal, complete it and wait around for others to show up!

just brainstorming.....maybe someone will like the idea anyway.

edit: also bases should also be able to be busted normally like they are now. perhaps give gcw points as well for doing your profession's mission based on the size of the base. this way, you could get gcw and not have to stick around for the rest of the professions to show up.

yeah i think it's called too much energy drinks. anyway i came up with an idea to the delivery mission as well as another that they could make:

another way to make it so people can help in defense of their faction's bases would be to have the 'delivery' missions help in defense of player bases. the mission terminals could have the player transport 'data' to the bases, enabling better defenses (higher level npcs) this should be open to all professions, traders and entertainers included, and have like a set amount of times it can be done and in sections say for instance: deliveries to base 1-10 times brings up the combat level of the npcs from , (make it so when you place a base, npcs are level 50, and for every set of 10 deliveries to your base, they increase 10 levels up to cl90 gold elite) the higher level the base is, the more gcw and credits you get for delivering data to it.

what happens if a base gets attacked? maybe they could add another tab in the mission terminals for that? make it 'defend base' and a separate one for a special forces base. this would give missions that show which bases terminals have been sliced, and gives you the waypoint so you can go fight the attackers or reset the profession specific terminal, but this would need to be done in reverse order, so if a base is about to be blown, officer would show up first to stop the countdown, commando would remove the charge, medic would recode the terminal, smuggler would fix the security, bounty hunter would unjam the override terminal, and for spies/jedi would call in for another supply officer, to do that they must stay in the base a specific amount of time (maybe they could add another terminal for them to call for backup of another supply officer if the one that came with the base gets taken out?).

If a base gets attacked, for instance everyone but the officer shows up at the base, does their mission and leaves, within a certain amount of time the base resets, a new supply officer spawns and the stims get set back to As, and defense npcs are back to cl50.

maybe they could leave the easy 'destroy the enemy flag' missions in for players up to cl80, after they reach cl80, the player base missions show up on the terminals. somewhat similar to how player bounty hunting works.

also, in order to take the SF base missions, you must be SF prior to accessing the faction terminal. if you switch to combatant or die while you have the mission, that mission will be aborted. same for combatant missions. if you take a mission to destroy, deliver data to, or defend a pve base, and go on leave or die, your mission automatically gets aborted. you can however switch to special forces while taking a pve base if you wish.

Also, planetary control should have an effect on when the 'next shipment' of supplies arrives.

really, how hard would it be for them to add this stuff? it would definitely give more incentive to place and hold bases.

Archived