Home

XWA Geforce8800GTS XP Disappearing Objects

peter_de123

Hello,

I have a problem which is kind of similiar to the disappearing targeting box I think.

When I use Hardware Acc Graphic (and no matter what resolution, detail setting or AA/AF setting in the Nvidia Driver), all 3d Objects disappear whenever I turn the the ship and a backgound sun or planet shows!

For example when I chase an enemy fighter, the moment a background planet/sun comes into view, the cockpit display and every 3d object currently visible disappear. I can still shoot (though I don't see the shots) and can still hit my target but I don't see anything. When I keep turning and the sun/planet moves out of sight, all 3D Objects reappear again.

I have a C2D E6600, Geforce 8800GTS 320MB, Windows XP 32bit, Nvidia Driver 174.74 . I also tried using nHancer (which helped me a lot with Silent Hunter 4) but it also doesn't help.

Of course I could use software mode, but the graphics are messed up, too low resolution and no textures are shown.

Does anybody know how to disable the background suns/planets? Using the ingame Backdrop option does not remove them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

hey folks,

i have exactly the same problems disribed above, using nvidia 8800 GTS with the latest driver from 19.11.2008.

:(

has anyone a solution or suggestion? some said it works under linux... do i need to become a linux-freak ;-) or is there a solutin for WIN XP?

best regards and thanx in advance,

tomcat

:(:(:(

setting backdrops to OFF does nor turn off every star/universe/whatever, some remain and kill all other graphics when you have to fly in their direction...

so that does not really solve the problem...

and NVIDIA does not really seem to be interested in solving it with a better driver - so much for support...

thanx for your answer!

reg,

tom

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dpidcoe, just follow the "sticky" thread I mentioned above...it required hacking the executable, but on the XWA Upgrade Project forums thread about it, there's an "XWA Hacker" attached to one of the posts that automates the process (and will also set the game to run in a widescreen resolution, if you need it).

dpidcoe, just follow the "sticky" thread I mentioned above...it required hacking the executable, but on the XWA Upgrade Project forums thread about it, there's an "XWA Hacker" attached to one of the posts that automates the process (and will also set the game to run in a widescreen resolution, if you need it).

Thanks for the reply, but your stickyed thread only mentions a thread on the xwaupgrade forum, there's no link or way of finding it that I could see (maybe I'm going blind or my forum settings aren't working right?).

edit: nvrm about this part, I found the link, the color blended in perfectly with the rest of the text when viewed on my secondary monitor

I did find a thread on the xwa upgrade forum that possibly matches the criteria of the one you mentioned (it had the xwahacker program in it), but it doesn't seem to help much. The part I don't understand is exactly what changes to make with the program. I've tried running the .bat files it came with in various combinations but so far it hasn't really fixed anything.

• 1 year later...

Archived