Home

[K1] Robotic Hand

i<3FANTA

Just wondered if anyone knew of, or was capable of creating a replacement hand for a PC character? Similar to that which Anakin has in Revenge of the Sith. Even just a coloured glove on one of the pc's hands would be pretty useful, if only for aesthetics. Thanks in advance guys.

anakin_arm.jpg

Just extract the tga image of your favourite armour/robe. Colour one arm silver. Put the edited .tga into override, and Qui-Gon's your uncle! When you equip that armour your arm will look like metal!

Note: This will only work if it's an asymmetrical item - ie the .tga has the whole item drawn (as oppose to drawing only one half of the image that is mirrored to colour both sides of the armour). If it's a .tga that mirrors, then you will have 2 silver arms! I believe all jedi robes have the whole robe drawn in .tga, so any of those will work.

~Paps~

Okey, maybe ‘colour it silver’ was an oversimplification ^.^ However, the method will work. The arm can of course have on much or as little detail as he wishes. Maybe colour the arm black, then draw silver 'bones' and 'joints' along it. This would give the visual impression of a robotic arm with shadowy voids between the structures. It would look very authentic.

Short of creating a whole new body model, and whole new skins to match for every item, I think a reskin is the way to go. I'd offer, but you need an artist for this one.

~Paper~

^^^ You speak the truth.

Just out of interest: in K2 when Kreia loses her hand, there are numerous mods (I believe USM allows you to) which have the option to replace it with a mechanical hand. Now is this hand a reskin using the aforementioned method (obviously using the two-handed Kreia as a base)? Or something more sinister?

Archived