Home

Multiple Animations.cfg question.

Cyne

Hi there,

I just had a quick question pertaining to the Animations.cfg file. There are three mini-mods I would like to use, 1 being to change the walk animations to JK2 and the other for changing the actions of things like Force Push, Pull , Grip and Lightning. The last one to bring back the Fast Style stab attack instead of the Lunge attack in JA. The problem is, all three pk3 files have an Animations.cfg file in them, so only 1 mod ends up being used at a time. Is there any way to get them all to work together without having to manually find the changed entries in each one?

P.S. - Does anyone know if there any tutorials on how to create/edit the animations.cfg?

There also seems to be a problem with Dismemberment. I installed the Bloody Dismemberment mod, along with the mod with the autoexec.cfg that has the "set g_sabermorerealistic 3" and "set helpusobi 1" in it but dismembering seems to barely occur. Any help to fix it so that it occurs all the time? It was working perfectly a few days ago, and mysteriously it isn't now.

EDIT: I even went into assets1.pk3 and extracted ext_data, then edited every single NPC configs, set all dismemberprob lines to 100, made a new pk3 file called "dismemberment.pk3", saved it and it STILL did nothing. I tried putting it in the base folder, that did nothing. I made a folder called Dismemberment in the GameData directory and put the pk3 in there, loaded the mod, yet still nothing. This is getting EXTREMELY aggravating to say the least.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cyne

...Is there any way to get them all to work together without having to manually find the changed entries in each one?...

No. But, honestly, what's so hard about doing it manually? Just get yourself a free difference tool (like WinMerge; or a free commercial trial version - I would recommend Beyond Compare, BTW), and you can do it without too much effort (both of the mentioned tools provide a facility to copy sections with differences from one file to the other interactively in a GUI; Beyond Compare allows copying of single lines, too; as for WinMerge - no idea). It's really easy to do. All you have to know is which animation to pick in case of conflicts. If the name of an animation doesn't say anything to you, you can check it out in ModView.

...P.S. - Does anyone know if there any tutorials on how to create/edit the animations.cfg? ...

Well, I don't know any off the top of my head. I'll wait a bit, and if no-one posts a link here or beats me to it, I'll drop a few hints.

...There also seems to be a problem with Dismemberment. ... It was working perfectly a few days ago, and mysteriously it isn't now. ...

Have you checked the value of g_sabermorerealistic in the game? Sometimes, under circumstances unknown to me, it happens to be reset to the default value, so let's see first if that might be your problem, before starting to dig more into it.

Archived