Home

[K1] Adding doors & an image question

Hey guys. As I posted in the title, I have two questions pertaining to the mod I'm making. Alright, first question. I have made a new area (a tomb, to be precise) and I'm wondering how to attach a door from, say, the Tomb of Tulak Hord to go into this new tomb. This way I don't have to have people warp inside the new module and it can be accessed like any other area.

Second question. I recently made two new items, each with their own custom texture, which is working fine. However, their inventory selection box is all white, and I can't figure out why. Anyone care to explain?

To answer the second question first, you haven't created an icon for your new items. The default ones are stored in ERFs-->swpc_tex_gui.erf-->I , for the most part. You could alter an existing one, or make one yourself, by extracting the item to Max, and taking a print-screen of your item.

Linking doors is rather complex, as I recall.

In the .GIT file, you need to add the tag of the waypoint to which your door connects in the next module in the LinkedTo field. LinkedToFlags should be set to 2, and LinkedToModule should have the name of the module to which you are linking in it. Then, for TransitionDestination, StringRef should be set to -1, Language to 0, and then you should fill in the CExoLocString field with what you want it to say in the little box that appears - for example, "To the Valley of the Dark Lords".

Hope that helps. :)

Alright. This doesn't have to do with my previous questions, but I felt it was better to ask it here than to spam the boards with new topics.

Let's say I had a Jedi ally who I wanted to move on a certain path, but when he encounters an enemy, to attack them, and continue attacking them until the enemy is killed, then continue on the preset path. What files would I need to edit to make that happen? Is it even possible?

Archived