Home

[K1] Custom planet galaxy map problem

JediMaster76

Alright. So I've been following TK's tutorial, and its been working great. I have the .mdl/.mdx files renamed and hex-edited, the two new TGAs (the little planet icon and the larger one). I have also edited the k_inc_ebonhawk.nss and the k_pebo_galaxymap files in accordance to the tutorial.

So I dump these files into my override and start up KoTOR, and enter the Ebon Hawk and go the the Galaxy Map. I click it, and my custom planet's little avatar displays. However, when I press on it, the whole game freezes, and it crashes (as in, "This program has experienced a problem and needs to close" type of crash).

I was wondering how to prevent this crashing so I can actually go to my custom planet. While I am asking this, I might as well through in another question; how can I prevent my planet from showing up until I reach a certain point in a global boolean/journal/conditional?

I'm not very good at KotOR scripting (neither am I at TSL, but that's beside the point) but have you chucked planetary.2da into the Override as well? If not, that could be the problem. ;)

As to your other question, this is what I would write for the script

~snip

if (GetGlobalNumber("your_global") == number) {
	SetPlanetAvailable(13, TRUE);
	SetPlanetSelectable(13, TRUE);
                                                   }
else {
	SetPlanetSelectable(13, FALSE);
        }

Replace "your_global" with the Global Number you have used, and number with the number that you have set the global. And replace 13 with whatever corresponding Live Planet your planet is.

Again, I am not very good at scripting, so don't be surprised if this doesn't work. :(

Likely the problem is that you didn't compile some or any of the scripts included with your modified k_inc_ebonhawk.nss.

You have to make your changes to the script and add it in the Override IIRC, though it could be the Compiler directory.

Then when you make changes to other scripts that include k_inc_ebonhawk.nss the changes will be compiled with them.

This also applies with k_inc_galaxy.nss I think.

So I dump these files into my override and start up KoTOR, and enter the Ebon Hawk and go the the Galaxy Map. I click it, and my custom planet's little avatar displays. However, when I press on it, the whole game freezes, and it crashes (as in, "This program has experienced a problem and needs to close" type of crash).

If the game crashes when you select the planet on the galaxy map screen I'd guess the model you use for the planetary view is corrupted/broken, and the game crashes when it is trying to load it. Try replacing it with a standard, unaltered planet model and see if the crashing vanishes. That would verify if this is the problem or not. :)

Archived