Home

Question RE XWA on nVidia 9000 series cards

Wildstar

Hey gang

I'm sure you've all heard about the problems XWA had when run on nVidia 8000 series cards (particularly the 8800 ones), so I was wondering if anyone's tried running the game on the new 9000 series cards, and, if they have, if they've encountered the same problems the previous cards have had.

Just wondering. :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Wildstar,

I can answer this. I have a 9600 M GT (256 MB). Objects disappear, constantly, when I move the ship, first mission, the cockpit of the Corellian transport disappears and reappears. When I was in combat, first mission,, the enemy ship appears on the radar, but disappears in front of me, laser fire disappears.

Has there been a fix for this?

Disappointing.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 9800GTX+ and I can't play XWA properly without playing in software rendering mode, which is unacceptable. I can't play a 640x480 game on a 1920x1200 screen. I suffer from the classic "no models, only backdrops, except in the targeting computer" problem that I can't seem to fix no matter how many times I fiddle with compatibility or nVidia options.

I think new drivers simply break XWA, and I'm not going to revert all the way back to 169 drivers just to play XWA. This is very frustrating.

oh snap - looks like that sticky thread works!

however, I would very very much suggest that it be reorganized/rewritten to not be so confusing. it took about four re-readings of the thread to figure out what exactly to do.

Archived