Home

HK-47's Eyes

Ascendant_Justice

As far as I'm aware, HK's eyes have always had an orange glow that flicker when he talks. This is my first playthrough on a pc copy of KotOR, and I just got to Yuka Laka's droid shop. Upon seeing HK-47, I discovered there was no glow in his eyes. As a matter of fact, they were completely blank, like they were shut off. HK looks, well, dead without the eye glow. I have no idea why this is happening. I need to know how to fix this. I can't listen to Sand People translations from a dead-looking HK. Please help.

Image for your reference:

hk47probtd0.jpg

Edit: I don't know if this feature is exclusive to the Xbox version, but, when I entered first person view on the Xbox, HK's vision would be red. However now, on the pc, it's just normally colored. Is this a problem too? It's not going to bug me at all, I'm just curious. I'm much more concerned about his eyes.

This will most likely be a technical problem. You should post in the Work Bench forum. You'll need to give the folks over there some idea of your computer specs, as well.

As for the first person view thing, the red vision sounds like an XBox exclusive to me - though I don't remember ever entering first person with HK. *shrug*

Edit: I don't know if this feature is exclusive to the Xbox version, but, when I entered first person view on the Xbox, HK's vision would be red. However now, on the pc, it's just normally colored. Is this a problem too? It's not going to bug me at all, I'm just curious. I'm much more concerned about his eyes.
Sounds like a graphics card issue. I didn't even know T3-M4's vision was supposed to be blue until I got my laptop. My old desktop didn't have the graphics power to show that kind of thing.

If that's the case (and I am by no means an expert on this) you'll have to either deal with it or upgrade your hardware. What graphics card does your computer sport?

I posted a more detailed thread in The Workbench, as suggested. It includes system specs and installed mods. If you'd like to continue helping me, please use that thread instead :)

It's a Radeon 9250 256 MB, though. Not very advanced, but it still exceeds Bioware's recommended requirement, as do almost all of my specs, as you'll see in the other thread here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191026

The graphics card is likely your problem. In the future the moderators will probably tell you not to double post a thread. If it's in the wrong place use the report post button and ask them to move it. Reduces confusion.

Archived