Home

Which will offer better performance?

urluckyday

Hey guys. As you guys might know, I'm an avid Windows user, and Vista is no exception. However, one of Vista's big features is Windows ReadyBoost, and I haven't really tried it out until now.

So, I have a 4 gig flash drive that is ReadyBoost enhanced and I also have an "Intel TurboCache" that is 1 gig that can be used for ReadyBoost as well (one of the options you can choose).

Now, I was wondering which one I should use for ReadyBoost because I didn't know if the flash drive would be slower than the TurboCache (even though it had more space). In theory, which one would offer better performance?

P.S. I don't need answers telling me that ReadyBoost doesn't offer much for performance upgrades, I just want to know which one would offer better performance.

Thanks in advance!

Readyboost works best if you're using one or two flashdrives that corresponds to the amount of RAM that's installed on your system. as such, i would recommend the 4 GB stick if you have 2GB or more installed on your system. if its less than 2GB, the 1 GB stick would suit you better.

in terms of pure speed, unless one of the sticks is a USB 1.1 stick, then you probably won't see much of a difference between the two when it comes to read and write times.

hope that helps. :)

Yep, it does a lot. I have 2 gigs of Ram and a 4 gig stick. Thanks a lot!

mtfbwy

>>>>hey hey! what's this. You do know that me and the force ghost of Sir Alec Guinness have a copyright on using that :p Don't make us get all lawyered up on y'all -Astro

Archived