Home

Editing Modules

harIII

I have for some time been trying to edit the modules through KOTOR Tool and from my understanding if I can do this, I will be able to physically edit the modules. Meaning that I can manipulate walls and boundaries to be reformed into a new style to create a new map. If I can't do this don't worry about helping me, I am able to do this with K-GFF Editor.\

Problem - I have all of the K1 .map files from Fred Tetra's site and they are presently in the maps folder in the KOTOR Tool system folders. If I try to extract the map into the Module Editor it asks for the .git file. I extract the file for the appropriate module and this keeps happening for the .are and the other file. Once all of these files are in place I get a message that there are no map files. What is happening or what am I doing wrong.

Thank you for any help.

I have for some time been trying to edit the modules through KOTOR Tool and from my understanding if I can do this, I will be able to physically edit the modules. Meaning that I can manipulate walls and boundaries to be reformed into a new style to create a new map. If I can't do this don't worry about helping me, I am able to do this with K-GFF Editor.\

Umm... If you're talking about changing the area models to look different, the only thing that you can do is either make a new area, or reskin a module.

Archived