Home

Games Freezing

jawathehutt

I'm having a strange problem thats become more and more frequent as the summer has progressed. Almost all of my games are freezing either during the opening cenematics, or the main menu. And it only happens once until I play another game. But its quite irritating to have to start a game, wait 3 minutes for the game to finally exit itself after ctrl alt deleting, and then launching it again. It originally only happened with my warcraft 3, and for a while just leaving warcraft 3 in my cd drive and using my dvd drive for everything else worked, but now its almost every game I play, warcraft 3, all of the call of duties, sometimes half life 2 and gmod, battle for middle earth 2, both KotORs, its extremely annoying. Ive tried cleaning my case out multiple times but that never helps, and I restart around every 2 days, unless I have to power down my computer because a game is completely frozen. Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this extremely annoying problem?

I cleaned my case and fan a few days ago so its not that, and before that I had been cleaning about once every 2 months

Gday jawa. Can you list your specs and OS :)

I have XP, and for the specs do you mean like a dxdiag thing or just a basic what I have?

Does your pc crash at all, or is it just the games failing to start?

The PC rarely crashes, normally its just that the games freeze within 0-2 minutes after starting them.

what driver versions for your GPU/Audio?

How would I go about finding that, Im kinda bad with computers

Archived