Home

Criticisms of the demo/things you want to see fixed/changed in the final game

I'm not wild about how the camera works. In a lot of these games, when you aim with the camera and do an action, the "player" turns and does that action. Here, the player does the action in the direction that the player is facing (as opposed to the camera). I find this setup frustrating, since "aiming" the character is trickier than aiming the camera. I don't know if there are any camera options in the game....kind of doubt it - though there did seem to be options that were unavailable in the demo.

I'm not wild about how the camera works. In a lot of these games, when you aim with the camera and do an action, the "player" turns and does that action. Here, the player does the action in the direction that the player is facing (as opposed to the camera). I find this setup frustrating, since "aiming" the character is trickier than aiming the camera. I don't know if there are any camera options in the game....kind of doubt it - though there did seem to be options that were unavailable in the demo.

You can move the camera with the thumbstick, as well as target/lock on enemies with one of the buttons. Should be plenty of camera control.

I know how to move the camera, but you can't move the camera when you are using the buttons to attack, and I'm really not wild about the target button. There's just something about it - like it is on the wrong side (should be on the left rather than right so you can hold it better?) or it should toggle or something. I just don't find the system to be as smooth as it could be. With this kind of game it should be easier to move from attack to attack, creating a smooth unending path of destruction. I think the camera is kind of getting in the way. But I like the game, so I'll just have to cope - b/c I know they aren't going to make any changes before release.

Archived