Home

Spaceports

Guest dlayers

Guest dlayers

Don't you hate it when you get to the end of the game and you've mined up all of those resources?

Well you can still get those valuable resources after they've all been mined away by trading your food for them via the spaceports that you can build.

I've played several games now, and it seems that NOBODY uses these things. Well they can really help out as the game is winding down and resources are depleted because you can pretty much farm forever (unless you cut down all the trees!)

Hope this helps!

:fett:

Guest Mad_Dog

and remember a powered animal nursery fill of nerfs gives you lots of food. NERF STEAK! hey i wonder if that will be a cheat for food..........

Guest ReaperFett

I have the problem where Ill build one tghing in bulk, crippling one area. Then I move others to that job, crippling another area. A spaceport will be a must in Level 4 for me, so I can concentrate on one or two areas, and trade for others

Guest Darth G

yah... it's the same thing as Aoe2. U tend to have no problems with food or carbon (wood), but nova (gold) and ore (stone), u definitely diminish the source pretty quick

spaceports help me advance through the tech levels very quick.

The market was essential in AOK too; spaceports only enhance your power in GB. Using them a lot early on in the game gives you a definite edge.

tip: focus heavily on carbon and expand on food as you go. you can buy the other resources to advance through the ages.

most units rely on food and carbon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by chrisw_30

I find I run out of ore...mostly because i am a defensive player (oops ive said too much)

Yup, I'm the same way. Always end up selling thousands of carbon and food to get ore at those hugely inflated prices. Ouch.

I always, always, always build spaceports. They're not necessarily my first priority, but by the time I'm into Age 3, I always have one. I don't usually get the improvements until much later in the game -- particularly the one where you can see what your ally sees. I like to do my *own* exploring. However, if the enemy is pressuring my ally too much, I will buy that improvement that lets you see what he sees, so I can better help protet him.

• 4 weeks later...

let's not forget that you can also use an enemys spaceport by obliterating him, then chaning your status to ally, just make sure you don't destroy the spaceport ;)

Lest we forget, Spaceports are not only good for trading one resource for another (although that's primarily what I use them for). They are also a great source of Nova Crystal revenue for you, if you have at least one ally: trade hovercraft. I always build at least a couple of these guys, and let them trade with my ally (in a 2-on-2 game, which is what I normally play).

In fact, the whole reason I changed from playing 1-on-1 (as I used to do in AoE/AoK due to lower computer power back then, before I got my new AMD thunderbird) to 2-on-2, was so I could trade some... Usually I have the highest trade revenue of the 4 civs in the game (the other three being, generally, the computer). If you get a couple of hovercraft going early on (during Age 2), you can have trade profits numbering in the thousands (I often have 3-4,000, sometimes much more). Meaning even when all other sources of Nova have been exhausted, you can still get some more by trading.

So at least to me, the Spaceport is a highly important building, and an integral part of my economy most of the time.

May the Force be with you.

Archived