Home

edit CBM format files

alk5d

Hi!

I wonder how can I edit CBM format files? The CBMviewer mentioned in the forum can only extract BMP images form CBM, but how can I put an edited BMP back into CBM?

Specifically, I'm not pretty happy with the ranks on the tunic shoulder-strap which appear in the XWA family transport and would like to re-draw them.

Thanks!

Actually I downloaded two CBM viewers right from the DS's site before asking. Later I searched there once again more thoroughly, but there seem to be no editors capable of putting BMP back to CBM...

Thanks for advice any way. If you think that the editor exists elsewhere - please, let me know.

I wish it was that easy. Simple re-naming gave no results, although I avoided double extensions (like RANKZOOM1.CBM.BMP) and tried different color patterns (indexed colors, standart 256, etc). The game shows black screen when browsing ranks.

UPDATE:

It works! Just replacing the initial CBM file with a 256-color BMP - without changing the extention to CBM. The answer was found at XWA EXPANSION GUIDE.

If someone would be interested in the new ranks view, I'd gladly share my work, just tell where to load up.

alk5d, I'm pretty sure PhotoBucket can take .bmp images, so you can upload them there and reply back with the images (use the "Insert Image" button in the posting screen's toolbar...make sure you copy the image URL and paste it in the box in the dialog the button gives you)...you might also get a screencap of the tunic w/ the new ranks (but convert that to JPEG before uploading).

Well, photobucket transformed the image automatically to JPG... I'll try to fix this, therwise I'll chose annother photosite to upload in closest time. Nevertheless, the picture is there.

I didn't upload all the 10 files that I had prepared, only one for reference.

Hotlinking just means to display the image inline w/ your post, like I do w/ my signature image. If you go to a normal posting screen (as opposed to "Quick Reply"), there's a button that lets you insert an image in your post...it'll be in the row of buttons that starts out "B i u" and looks like a picture of a mountain w/ a yellow sky. Clicking that button will prompt you for the URL to your image (which you can copy from PhotoBucket and paste into the dialog), and OK'ing the dialog will insert the required vBcode tag into your post.

Archived