Home

Camera question

Ferc Kast

It's pushing 4am here, so if my post doesn't make much sense it's because my tiredness is showing. :p

Anyways, as far as I'm aware of the only way you can get the coordinates which govern the orientation of a static camera is through applying a formula to the angle at which you wish the camera to face.

In the orientation field in the .git file, there are 4 value boxes. The 1st and 4th contain the coordinates which govern orientation, whilst the 2nd and 3rd are generally blank (No idea what they govern).

Decide on which way you want the camera to face towards, then convert that to an angle (North: 90, East: 0, South: 270, West: 180), grab a scientific calculator and apply the angle to the following formula;

1st value box = cos (angle/2)

4th value box = sin (angle/2)

So for example, if I wanted my camera to face North, my chosen angle would be 90. The 2 calculations that I would have to perform to get the coordinates for the 1st and 4th value boxes would be.

1st = cos 45

4th = sin 45

Which according to my scientific calculator gives me;

1st = 0.707106781

4th = 0.707106781

That's the way I determine the orientation coordinates for my static cameras, so it should work for you.

Archived