Home

Vader animation

Azzameen

I was wondering, if anyone could create a mod, where you can fight like Vader in Ep V. I always loved the way Skywalker almost danced, while the Dark Lord merely stood still and fought with one hand.

Would that be possible for JA?

If it is, it would be almost perfect for the blue stance.

Maybe change the stance, so you don't look like you're crouching (honestly, who thougth of those original stances?)

The Desann style is pretty much what Vader used. You can give it to your character in SP by either typing: 'setsaberstyle desann', or 'addsaberstyle desann'. The SP code even makes it more powerful than the other stances so it really does feel like Vader using it.

For MP there are plenty of mods that let you use that style but in a more balanced way.

I strictly play SP so that is how I use it, when the mood strikes me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, katanamaru, that's one step closer.

Now, if any modder out there is interested (I'd do it myself, but I don't know jack about modding), I gave it a second thought:

blue: stance like Vader in EpV, animation similar to Desann's, but way faster (and not as mighty)

yellow: stance like in EpVI, as Vader has his saber in both hands, but the blade pointed down, approximately 45°. Animation is good as it is.

red: Vader's stance only seconds after the yellow (same pose, but blade almost straight upwards). As animation, maybe Skywalkers moves during the end of his battle with Vader in EpVI (you know, when he's mady swinging his saber around. Not hitting much, but looking cool).

No idea for dual saber or staff saber stances/animations

But fix that silly walking animation. Where the programmers drunk?

For Vader using blue, try out Tavions stance. It is one-handed and very fast. Same code for SP except use tavion instead of desann. For MP same options use mods or make a .sab file that uses those styles. Tavions is overpowered in SP like Desann's but is balanced in MP.

Yellow- You want a custom standing animation?

Red- What do you mean 'seconds after yellow'? Similar stance but with the blade pointed up is my guess.

'Skywalkers moves... swinging madly' Do you mean all new saber swing animations? Cause if you do no one has made and released a whole new saber style. And the part about not hitting much makes me question who would want to use it in a game.

Do you want the original JO walking animations back instead of the two-handed walk? That is easy enough to do. As for your descriptions of the stances you could post some pictures so we can see exactly what you mean. I have a stance that points the saber almost vertical in my stance mod here:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/katanamaru_stances_and_katanamaru_sabers;93658

Check out Yellow and Red.

If you can't find any actual pics you could check out some animation packs to see if they have what you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures are coming, just need to search for my EpVI disc.

blue - almost perfect animation, but should be used without cheats

red - the mod you mentioned holds the saber as i meant to, but he should hold his body straight, with the legs closed.

yellow - same as red, but the blade pointed down (yes, a custom standing animation)

"skywalkers moves" - just forget it.

The original JO walk would be good for all saberstyles.

I am interested in your pictures. That will help a lot for describing what you are looking for.

It is possible to get Desann and Tavion styles into regular gameplay. It is mundane but all that has to be done is switch the animation names between Tav and Blue, and Des and Red. Right now I am not interested in doing that, but all one needs is mod view and notepad and it could be done.

But if you are wanting these animations for Darth Vader than I think the overpowering fits his character. The styles are a bit more powerful but not so much that it is impossible to lose when using them. Or else nobody would have beat Tavion or Desann.

One thing I would like to note is that if the pictures you use are him in a more relaxed posture, say standing and talking to Luke, they may not really fit in the game. The character would look too stationary to move about as much as one does playing JA. Doesn't mean that making these animations is a bad idea, but just that they may have limited appeal.

If you don't like typing in the console to use Tav and Des styles you could put them into a .sab file. That way all you had to do was give yourself that saber and you would have their styles.

Then I don't see a problem with the choice of stances then.

Are you looking up the pics still?

It may be a bit easier to flip the styles around. I think all saber animations have a different prefix to denote which style is which. That means that flipping the prefixes around should get you the desired effect.

Archived