Home

Noob Questions

Alram

Hello everyone.

I haven't finished the game yet, and I have a few questions I hope you can answer for me.

1. Defense vs. Dexterity

In the description of the defense attribute, it mentions that it contributes to defense.

So, is it worth pumping for a melee tank guardian?

What about the armors that give + to defense while giving - to dexterity?

2. Wookie

Since the Wookie cannot wear body armor, why does he come with the heavy armor feat already enabled?

3. Light Saber and upgrades

Do merchants ever sell them?

If I apply upgrades to my Light Saber, and then find a better upgrade, how do I apply the new upgrade or get a new Light Saber to apply it to?

Is there a way to get old upgrades back for use on a new weapon or armor?

4. Combat

Is there a way to automate a particular attack, eg. flurry, for a character so that that character always uses it for combat?

Master Flurry seems to be the best special attack as it comes without any drawbacks. Would everyone agree?

Immunity

Which are important?

What is the difference between % immunity and resistance? Alternatively, if you have less than 100% immunity, how is it applied to the damage?

Saves

I don't understand the difference between the different types of saves.

Also which are more important -- saves, resistance, % immunity, or attributes? Sometimes making the right choices on armor is tough.

I know I am asking a lot of questions. Thank you in advance for the time you take to answer them.

Great game!

1: Those armours don't give -dexterity. They set a certain amount of dexterity it allows. For example, a medieval plater armour has less movement space then a leather light armour.

it's worth pumping. Strength, Constitution and Dex are your stats as an melee basher.

2: I have no frickin idea. Only that Wookie's culturally despise armours or something. Plus, there are size issues.

3: They are found. Some merchants will sell them. You'll want to go for crystals too though.

If you walk up to a workbench and 'tune' your saber, you can select a slot (In k1, the 3 crystal slots). Doing so, you see a screen of possible upgrades. Selecting the one you want will place it in the saber, removing the already installed one back into your inventory.

4: Can't automate. It's not smart too. You'll want to use other attacks now and then.

But indeed, it's the strongest move. In numbers, then.

Immunity: Never really bothered. I'm not old enough to be familiar with the complete D&D rule set.

Saves: same, really.

Just remember there are dices behind EVERY ACTION.

2d4 are 2 dices that go up yo 4, maximum throw is 8, minimum is 2.

Hope this helps a bit. Some of the more expert member can help you with the saves and immunity bit :)

Armor and Dexterity, Armor grants you protection but it does have a cost its usefulness to you must be weighed against how much dexterity you have, your bonus number next to your dexterity score is a straight armor bonus, armor caps that with its Maximum Dexterity Bonus. So a high dex character will likely want to forgo wearing heavy armor, or even armor altogether, as it can actually penalize their defense. Whereas a low dex character would want to make use of heavy armor.

Though be warned Jedi/Sith types would want to pump their dex up as they will be restricted from wearing heavy armor most of the time, so Robes or the light Jal-Shey armors are your only options.

Immunities come in two flavors specific immunities (Fear, Disease, Poison, etc.), or immunities to specific attacks or attack types (fire, electricity, etc.) If you have say an 80% immunity to electrical then 80% of the electrical damage you would have done to you is removed, usually after any and all other defenses are penetrated.

Saves, there are generally 3 types of saves Fortitude (based on Constitution), Reflex (based on Dexterity), and Willpower (based on Wisdom).

Fortitude saves are made vs things like Poisons, Diseases, and harmful magical/force effects that would ravage your body.

Reflex saves are made when you set off a trap/mine, or to stave off a magic/force attack that allows for you to be able to dodge out of the way.

Willpower saves are made when you need to resist a mind-controlling effect, like paralysis or mind control.

;)

Archived