Home

The Fate of Bao-Dur K2

Pikmin

Interesting idea for a mod, I'm surprised nobody has done something before!

With regards to Bao Dur's fate, would it not be possible to have a 'parallel' part in the action, like with the Temple on Dxun / Attack on Onderon, that could allow Bao Dur to travel to say the droid planet for whatever reason (perhaps something related to the HKs chasing you?). Wouldn't the Exile need something to ensure the Ebon Hawk is capable of escaping Malachor imploding? I get the feeling that he died in the game in the process of assisting the Exile with something integral in her final mission on Malachor, tha possibly became a suicide mission.

Kreia not being able to read his mind doesn't strike me as odd, as I think there was a point made earlier in the game where some minds think in ways the Jedis can't understand them. I think this was done so that Bao Dur is not as corruptable or vulnurable as the other NPCs in the game. The Exile's ability to read his mind probably has to do with their close bond, but the Exile lacks Kreia's Force ability to see the future, leaving the ending understandibly ambiguous, although I get the feeling the PC was supposed to think to themselves 'Boy Kreia, you don't even know half of the stuff Bao Dur did to bring you down', having knowledge of his fate.

Just a few thoughts.

• 3 months later...

Ok, after having undergone several ugly things these past few months, I've re-worked how this and TSLCR are going to be done. Bao's Sacrifice and all the Atris/Malachor content of TSLCR are going to be combined into one expansive mod. More information about the Exile's and Bao-Dur's past will be revealed, including information about the time Bao-Dur served under The Exile on the "*forgot name*" Look forward to it!

Also you can expect appearances from Mr. Ordo, Atton, and the blind Sulistan Mechanic Tien'Tubb.

Archived