Home

The Fate of Bao-Dur K2

Pikmin

The Fate of Bao-Dur – K2 Story Expansion

Ok guys, you all know no one knows what happens to our favorite whispering Zabrak Jedi after you leave Dantoine the final time, and that Lt. Grenn says Bao-Dur is missing. So I now present the The Fate of Bao-Dur mod for TSL.

I wanted to take the same direction with my WIP that Silver took for the original BoS mod but, I'm not far enough along, so instead I’ll be revealing my ideas, and what happens will happen. (I will get this finished though.)

This content mod named “The Fate of Bao-Dur” is a content mod that allows the player to access new stories, new items, fight old battles, meet new(old) characters and discover the mysterious past of Bao-Dur and the Jedi Exile..

Plot

After defeating Nihilus aboard the Ravager his body was absorbed by Dark Force energy, and you were attacked by the sith energies. You then encounter a ghostly image of Bao-Dur, he informs you that before you can defeat Malachor you must remember his past, your past, and what happened... at the last Battle... at Malachor V.

Features

- All-New and compelling story, told using existing dialog but in a new context..

- New items available for the player, including the exile's general uniform that was kept by Bao-Dur all these years. .

- A selection of different areas to explore and experience the story on, with new and existing modules.

- Story choices available for both Light and Dark-Siders.

- "Learn about your characters past, and play a role in a pivotal moment in the life of Revan." (Quoted from Silver's original BoS thread, it seems to apply here.)

Media

In the next few weeks I will be bringing you pictures and video recordings of what this mod will entail.

Release Schedule

As for the release, I am tied somewhat by having to work on TSLCR as well. But this works to your advantage, I view revealing the fate of Bao-Dur as a "Restoration", but employing more original ideas than anything else..

Comments, and/or questions are welcome. I’ll try to answer what I can without spoiling anything major concerning the plot of the content.

Ok guys, you all know no one knows what happens to our favorite whispering Zabrak Jedi after you leave Dantoine the final time, and that Lt. Grenn says Bao-Dur is missing.
Hrmm...I don't recall him ever saying that. Is that a LS only thing?

By the way, I assume you mean the Telos Orbital Platform and not Dantooine.

I believe that Bao-Dur stayed on Telos station. Bao-dur decided stay on Telos IV and send his droid to go with the PC to Malachor V.

Bao-dur knew he could not deal with the pain and the dark energy on Malachor V. His character always showed signs of a soldier haunted with a scar of war. He decides to give his droid the task of activating the Weapon to destroy Malachor V.

The reason Kreia could not see Bao-dur's future is because, I think they planned to have him appear in a sequel to kotor2 or Bao-dur's mind so scar'd from war was empty with echoes. I person who lives in ones mind makes it hard to see how they would react to outside events which makes it even harder to create a prediction of their future.

Logan

• 3 weeks later...
But with TSLRP he isn't, as Grenn says that Bao-Dur is gone.

Green says: "I thought I saw you disembark with Bao-Dur, is he here?" which means Bao-Dur reached the Citadel Station with the Exile. There is also Bao-Dur's statement later in the game (as a hologram the Remote watches): "If you are watching this, then what the General suspected was true... the Sith are striking from the graveyard of Malachor V. The ship the Sith Lord was on was one of the vessels damaged in that final battle." = Bao-Dur saw Ravager appearing on Telos. The movie of Ravager approaching is right before the conversation with Green which means Bao-Dur disappeared right after docking in the Citadel Station.

Green says: "I thought I saw you disembark with Bao-Dur, is he here?" which means Bao-Dur reached the Citadel Station with the Exile. There is also Bao-Dur's statement later in the game (as a hologram the Remote watches): "If you are watching this, then what the General suspected was true... the Sith are striking from the graveyard of Malachor V. The ship the Sith Lord was on was one of the vessels damaged in that final battle." = Bao-Dur saw Ravager appearing on Telos. The movie of Ravager approaching is right before the conversation with Green which means Bao-Dur disappeared right after docking in the Citadel Station.

the "final battle" bao-dur is referring to is when he fought with the exile in the mandalorian wars at malachor V not telos

the "final battle" bao-dur is referring to is when he fought with the exile in the mandalorian wars at malachor V not telos

Yes, I know that. What he's saying equals to "That ship which came to Telos is Ravager, one of the vessels from the final battle at Malachor V". I'm saying that Bao-Dur saw Ravager at Telos and recognized it as one of the ships from the Mandalorian Wars thus, he must have reached the Citadel Station with the Exile, otherwise, he wouldn't have seen Ravager and tell about it to Remote.

This is a great idea that I myself have been thinking about for quite a while. This would be the last big plot hole left in the game after TSLRP is finished and needs to be addressed. There are several lines of voiced dialogue in the game files that could be used here.

Yes, I know that. What he's saying equals to "That ship which came to Telos is Ravager, one of the vessels from the final battle at Malachor V". I'm saying that Bao-Dur saw Ravager at Telos and recognized it as one of the ships from the Mandalorian Wars thus, he must have reached the Citadel Station with the Exile, otherwise, he wouldn't have seen Ravager and tell about it to Remote.

This is exactly the reason that I believe that the rumor involving Bao-Dur's death on M4-78 is false, but at the same time, given the whole "If you are watching this..." intro during his holo address to the remote on Malachor it is heavily hinted that he is indeed dead by the time the party arrives on Malachor. This would seem to leave his fate to be determined either on Telos, the Ravager or in the crash on Malachor V.

I don't think Bao-Dur died in kotor2. When you ask Kreia about him and the droids, she said something to the nature of it being clouded. If Bao-dur died then Kreia would of said he was dead. Bao-dur knew when he saw the Ravager that the Exile would return to Malachor V. Bao-dur could not follow the General/Exile back there so he sent his droid to aid the Exile.

Logan

This is a great idea that I myself have been thinking about for quite a while. This would be the last big plot hole left in the game after TSLRP is finished and needs to be addressed. There are several lines of voiced dialogue in the game files that could be used here.

This is exactly the reason that I believe that the rumor involving Bao-Dur's death on M4-78 is false, but at the same time, given the whole "If you are watching this..." intro during his holo address to the remote on Malachor it is heavily hinted that he is indeed dead by the time the party arrives on Malachor. This would seem to leave his fate to be determined either on Telos, the Ravager or in the crash on Malachor V.

TSLRP *cough* might *cough* be using those VO lines... But that doesn't mean that this mod couldn't use them better! I like the idea of this mod... I think it is a chance for good storytelling.

I don't think Bao-Dur died in kotor2. When you ask Kreia about him and the droids, she said something to the nature of it being clouded. If Bao-dur died then Kreia would of said he was dead. Bao-dur knew when he saw the Ravager that the Exile would return to Malachor V. Bao-dur could not follow the General/Exile back there so he sent his droid to aid the Exile.

Logan

You may very well be correct. He might not have been able to deal with his inner demons when it came to Malachor. Perhaps he stayed behind on Telos for some reason (something to do with his work on the shield network, perhaps?). This all needs to be fleshed out and there is very little to go on.

TSLRP *cough* might *cough* be using those VO lines... But that doesn't mean that this mod couldn't use them better! I like the idea of this mod... I think it is a chance for good storytelling.

Yeah, I figured that, and it's cool that you see it that way. :)

It would be great to have this Mod show Bao-dur deciding to stay on Telos station. While the Exile was fighting on the Ravager, Bao-dur could lead a team of Soldiers, mandalorians, mercs, etc to fight off the Sith on the space station.

The Sith are targeting the shields/ stabilizers which if destroyed would cause the space station to lose orbit and crash into Telos IV. Bao-dur and 2 others will fight their way to the room for the shields/ stabilizers of the station. You will have to face waves of Sith. At the end the station is saved and Bao-dur gives his last order to the droid. Bao-dur stays to help Telos Station repair the damage.

I like the idea that you want help show the horrors of Malachor V. I wonder if you will do a flash-back blink movie of the final events in the battle at Malachor V. You can show all those who died and all those who went the darkside do to this event. You could even show the Exile with Bao-dur getting the order from Revan to activate the Mass Shadow Generator and see the weapon in use. If you did this....it would ground the Jedi Exile's personality and also allow the player to actually feel the pain/wound of Malachor V's battle.

Logan

• 2 months later...

Archived