Home

OJP on New PC with Vista or no?

Quijohn

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a new pc and want something that will run OJP with the best graphics and fps possible. Should I be looking at something used with Windows XP? Are older graphics cards gonna work better? I guess I'm just wondering about JKA being an older game and running well with Vista/newer Video Cards. I've been reading forums that have complaints about Vista with JKA. I plan to run a server like Hoc's and give new comers tips on the saber system.(not that I'm super good or anything, just love the saber system) Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have no problems with Vista at all.

Mod compatibility is pretty much irrelevant, if the game runs then the mods also will run (so long as you don't try using a mod compiled for Linux on Windows, or anything daft like that).

So you'll have no problems with Vista 32-bit.

As for graphics cards, I have an 8-Series GeForce and it runs JA flawlessly, so again, you won't have too much of an issue there.

Well I got the new pc. It has vista 32 bit and i have it running ojp. I'm running the same server that I was on my old computer "OJP Saber Practice Server". If anyone is playing, please join my server for a minute just to see if it's working. I've had a couple guys try and they couldn't for some reason. I just want to make sure it's not an issue with the new pc or Vista.

Archived