Home

Updating issue

thatkid5050

maybe i missed a thread, if i did im sorry. so i decided to quit runescape and move up in the world. the world to legit mmorpg's. but i dont like WoW so i decided to try SWG. i already had a copy of the game from along time ago. so i installed it and started updating. i left my laptop on for about freakin 4 days. it barley got anywhere. may i also note my laptop is very high tech with a great internet connection and cpu, hard drive, motherboard, etc...

so anyways after 4 days i was like something must be up. so i uninstalled that copy and downloaded the trial via offline. still. the updating process. its been updating for around 5 hours and nothing. whendo i get to play?!?! how long does this f**king updating really take? like what the hell!?!??!?! ahhhh!!!

can anyone help me?!??!

• 5 weeks later...

You should have asked about installing that version. I know, from experience, that you buy the most up to date version, which is the version that you can buy in the stores or download from online. How old is your copy? It's been almost six years since it's initial release. And, they're been updating it pretty much on a weekly basis with three expansions, a combat upgrade, NGE, and the current Chapter system all in that time. Their almost on Chapter 12 already, and the chapters started back in 2006. Now, you understand why it takes forever to download, but it's too late to stop, now. You have to keep going.

Archived