Home

TSL Question: How to Add a loading screen to A module

HK-42

Hey Guys/gals,

In tsl im trying to edit a mod and give it custom loading screens for my personal use. I could release it as a mod though if the creator will give me permission.

[sOLVED]My question: How do I add new loading screens. Im not talking about using one in the game from kotor tool adding a completely new one with a picture I got from the game or off the internet. And I did this would I be able to 2da edit it into the loadscreen.2da with kotor tool or should I use a different editor. [sOLVED]

[sOLVED]Next Question: With the above done would all I have to do is drop the loadscreen picture and the loadscreen.2da into the override or more than that?[sOLVED]

[sOLVED]EDIT Next Question: after converting the jpeg to a tga I dropped the file in the overrive.However in the game my loading screen is upside down! if I view it with a tga viewer though it is normal...any ideas whats wrong?

Pic of Problem:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
ok.jpg
[sOLVED]

Thanks in advance guys and gals

If you just want to replace an existing one with a new picture. Just save it as a .tga file naming your picture the same as the one its replacing and drop it in your override folder. The screens are named load_("module").tga. example; load_801DRO.tga, is the load screen for the landing pad of m478

If you just want to replace an existing one with a new picture. Just save it as a .tga file naming your picture the same as the one its replacing and drop it in your override folder. The screens are named load_("module").tga. example; load_801DRO.tga, is the load screen for the landing pad of m478

ok thanks

However I did what you said after converting the jpeg to a tga. However in game my loading screen is upside down! if I view it with a tga viewer though it is normal...any ideas whats wrong?

Resize it to 1024x1024 I did that and it worked fine.

yea I figured that out a few minutes ago after comparing your files to mine. Thanks

However it stopped the repeating problem but its still upside down(pic above)...Im going to try rotating the picture making upside down then see if it will be rightside up.

EDIT: It worked =) Now just got to do the last module and see if darthdisco will give me permission to release loading screens for it. And thanks DStoney for your help if I do release it ill give you some credit in the readme. =)

Archived