Home

Remastering K1 music?

Sith Holocron

I've looked through the music files in K1, and I'm starting to wonder if it's even necessary to remaster it. TSL's music, even in the HQ patch, was at 22Hz, so when PastramiX remastered it to 44Hz, you could hear a difference. K1 has the music at 44Hz, but encoded at 128kbps instead of 320kbps in PastramiX's version. I doubt very much if there is a noticeable difference from 128kbps to 320kbps.

- Star Admiral

I did my very best, but I'm not sure if it's enough. Here is a sample, a remastering of the Finale and End Credits soundtrack. You can listen to the original on your HD, (57.wav), and the new version here. To be honest, I'm quite tone-deaf when it comes to music, so I'm a bad judge.

Yay? Nay?

- Star Admiral

I did my very best, but I'm not sure if it's enough. Here is a sample, a remastering of the Finale and End Credits soundtrack. You can listen to the original on your HD, (57.wav), and the new version here. To be honest, I'm quite tone-deaf when it comes to music, so I'm a bad judge.

Yay? Nay?

- Star Admiral

I like what you've done with it. Do you use any of the official soundtracks to put your version together?

Really? You like it? Well, that's a surprise. I can't hear much difference. Got to get a new pair of ears. :xp: I'll finish up with the rest of the audio and upload the package. Maybe I'll even finish off the ambient music with it as well.

Basically, I used the Miles Sound Studio to decode the audio into uncompressed wav format, then adjusted the volume a bit to equalize the tracks, and lastly compressed it into MP3 encoded at 44kHz, 16bit, 320kbps.

Oh, and in reference to my previous post (post #4), I made a mistake. The original KOTOR music is encoded at 22kHz, 8bit, 176kbps, one channel audio. I was referencing the wrong data when I made my post.

- Star Admiral

Archived