Home

Setting Lock DC

Star Admiral

Title pretty much says it all. How do you set the DC of a locked cylinder? I've tried setting the OpenLock DC, but it doesn't change the DC when I try it in the game.

Open the UTP file for your container with a GFF editor. There should be two fields called OpenLockDiff and OpenLockDiffMod. If I remember correctly the OpenLockDiff field will determine the base DC, and the value in OpenLockDiffMod will simply be added onto that.

What do you mean by 16? Is that what you get in game? If so, maybe it's because you didn't loaded a clean module from your save game? (If the placeable has already been loaded, your changes will not appear if I remember correctly...I could be wrong on this though as it's been a while).

Btw, according to this: http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/Bioware_Aurora_DoorPlaceableGFF.pdf OpenLock DC corresponds to "DC to unlock this object, if this object has been locked

by setting Locked to 1."

In any event, my best advice is experiencing (that's how Holowan labs was able to develop)...try checking other doors & such in the game to see how the issue is being dealt with (if you find out, it'd be nice to post the details for future reference).

Interesting, apparently the lock DCs go by eights. Increasing the OpenLockDiff by 1 increases the lock DC by 8. Is there a reason for that, out of curiosity?

Assuming this is for KOTOR2:TSL, if I remember correctly the lock DC you get won't be a static value, but is scaled depending on the level of the player character. This is in order for locked containers to provide the desired level of challenge regardless of which order the player chooses to visit the different planets.

Archived