Home

Area Reskin Problem

Sithspecter

I have reskinned an area, the Taris swoop track to be specific, and I've run into a problem. The model or walkmesh seems to have been moved over somewhere in the process, probably the model since I re-extracted the walkmeshes for the track, and the swoop just runs along the left side of the model. I've checked the layout file with the original, and they are the same except for the module numbers. I would be grateful for any help. Also, here is a picture of my predicament.

reskinned.jpg

:lol:

No idea how to help you out on this one...

It could perhaps be, not sure if this is true, but when you import a module, doesn't he place the AuroraBase to 0 0 0 ?

It might be that your walkmesh gets displaced somehow, I do know that not all the Aurorabases of the rooms that make an area go to 0 0 0.

Well perhaps you just altered a wrong number in the hex edit, or the export messed it up serioulsy.

I think that I must have accidentally moved the aurora base somehow. I'll re-do the model hex editing tonight and see how it goes.

Well perhaps before you start the re-edit, note down the coords of the Aurorabase. Then edit like you want it, export and check the coords.

Just be cafefull the digit gets moved 2 places up, as the generated ascii by the export works in Meters and not in Centimeters.

Example: x= 300 cm in Max => 3.0 in the ascii

Its odd that it gets moved; I thought the seperate room models would be the victim of editing, before the Walkmesh as in you don' need to touch the walkmesh in anyway to reskin an area :confused:

Archived