Home

Server questions

Endorenna

I'm planning to get Galaxies in a couple months, and I was wondering a couple things.

If my friend has a character on my account, can we play at the same time?

I heard somewhere that they'll merge most of the servers soon. Is this true?

Oh, and one more question. How many character slots are there per account?

Thanks! :)

I'm planning to get Galaxies in a couple months, and I was wondering a couple things.

If my friend has a character on my account, can we play at the same time?

I heard somewhere that they'll merge most of the servers soon. Is this true?

Oh, and one more question. How many character slots are there per account?

Thanks! :)

First Question: No, you can't one person can play one account at a time, unless they own two or more, then you can play of the respective accounts at the same time.

Second Question: That is an unconfirmed rumor, but many servers including my own Kauri, and actually Eclipse has already been shut down, are low on people playing in that server which cuts down on guilds forming, pvping, and group quests. The three most popular activities for combatant players. Noncombatants profit off of the above three which keeps the in-game economy running.

Third Question: Normally eight, with a maximum of two per server. Elder Jedi can have three on the server in which their Elder Jedi is but not on any other. So, their total maximum total is 9 at a minimum. No new player can become an Elder Jedi, so eight is all you can have at any time. It really doesn't matter it's wisest at first, just to focus of building one character. Finding a suitable guild to join and just enjoying yourself through the long leveling process and the Legacy Quests that will level you up very fast. After Legacy Finishes, around level fifty go to kashyyyk for their quest system and then Mustafar.

Oh, and don't skip the tutorial at the beginning that levels you up to 10 gives you a lot of space experience points. As well as good equipment and credits.

Thanks for the tips! :D

One other question: When I was playing the trial, I was completely and totally lame at the space travel part. I'm about to get a PS2 controller converter for my computer, and I was wondering if there was any way to use that (just for the space travel). :)

Thanks again for the answers! :xp:

Thanks for the tips! :D

One other question: When I was playing the trial, I was completely and totally lame at the space travel part. I'm about to get a PS2 controller converter for my computer, and I was wondering if there was any way to use that (just for the space travel). :)

Thanks again for the answers! :xp:

Yes! It's a space flight game, and it was designed with game controlers and joysticks in mind. There should be a tutorial. I don't use one, but others do, i know that. You have a lot more control of your spacecraft, which really is a more like a World War II fighter plane than a modern jet fighter because of the emphasis on guns being the primary weapon. Dogfighting is encouraged in this game. It is much easier to survive when they cannon hit you, but if they do it's no big deal for awhile because you have your deflector shields to fall back on.

P.S. I would complete as many missions as possible on Tansarii Point Station (the tutorial station you probably learned about with the free trial). They give you a lot of items that you can use at the start of the live game. Make sure you buy the Complete Online Adventures so you can get the Kashyyyk and Mustafar expansions that will help you with leveling. After you have completed the tutorial and get into the live game, while you are doing your legacy quests try and befriend a few people and find a good guild to join. One that will teach you how to play and help you out. For example: A Jedi gets his first training lightsaber at 26 and his first real lightsaber at 30, but at 38 you have to craft your lightsaber, you need a saber suit.

Great! :xp: About the third time I crashed into the station, I was very annoyed! :lol: Now I have a prayer of getting a decent pilot level!

If I can get my old character back, then I'll already be far past Tansarii Station, but for my other characters I'll definitely hang around longer! :) I'll be sure to get the Complete Online Adventures pack. (Don't want to miss Kashyyyk or Mustafar!) I was already in a great guild when I had to leave, and they said I could come back if I ever got back in the game. :)

Thank you for answering all my questions! :D

Great! :xp: About the third time I crashed into the station, I was very annoyed! :lol: Now I have a prayer of getting a decent pilot level!

If I can get my old character back, then I'll already be far past Tansarii Station, but for my other characters I'll definitely hang around longer! :) I'll be sure to get the Complete Online Adventures pack. (Don't want to miss Kashyyyk or Mustafar!) I was already in a great guild when I had to leave, and they said I could come back if I ever got back in the game. :)

Thank you for answering all my questions! :D

You're welcome!

I wonder if the Xbox 360 controller is compatible with SWG?

I think, you have to get a controller that was out in 2003 or 2004 (PS2, Xbox would have been thought about) when Jump to Lightspeed came out, but I will happily check, they may have updated it with more recent joysticks over the years. Especially, since the Microsoft made sure that Xbox and Xbox 360 was compatible with their other product, Windows. So, let me put up the official website, and you can check for yourselves. You can always ask the devs directly, too, by e-mailing them. http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/players/index.vm

Archived