Home

For Flexomatic RE: Black squares in XW95 and XWA

Wildstar

I'm not sure if it'll work in 64-bit Vista, but you could try installing DirectX 9.0c even though you have DirectX 10 installed to give the game a version of Direct3D it understands. Doing so should not affect those games that need DX10.

BTW, your image is hosted on a likely hacker site...Norton gave me a message that it blocked an attack when I tried to view the full-sized image.

Mh, curious.. that's a german picture upload platform I used to trust implicitly. Might be a quirk.

Anyways, you mean I could install Dx 9.0c on top of Dx10 and it'd work side by side?

/e:

Did a little google checking, apparently they are separate dlls so it should work. Amazin, didn't even consider that! Thanks for you reply, I'll let you know if it worked!

/e2:

Sadly, installing the Dx9.0c runtimes and dlls and whatnot did not fix anything. No change whatsoever.

Maybe a driver change could fix things. *shrug*

BTW, that host could be completely blameless too, and it was an "advertiser" that had the attack code. I've seen it happen on other forums (with attack code hidden in a banner ad). I just deleted the original thread b/c I didn't want to take chances with the host, acting in the interest of the forum viewing public.

Archived